Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gift Exchange Parties with the Parents and Grandparents

As I mentioned in a previous, we enjoyed Christmas party after Christmas party the entire week of Christmas. On Sunday the 22nd, we decided it would be a good day to go up north to both of our folk’s places and exchange gifts, on the 23rd we had the annual Ahlstrom Family Christmas Party at my Grandma Ahlstrom’s in Huntsville (which as previously stated will be in my bi-yearly mobile picture post), we had our own gift exchange at our place with our Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve, and then Christmas (of course that is always full of Christmas partying and gifts), and then on the 29th, we exchanged gifts with my Grandma and Grandpa Durfee (since they were in Oregon from the 11th through the 28th). Tired of parentheses yet? Me too. Ha ha! Without further adieu, I give you our Family Christmas Gift Exchange Parties.
df-22
Our little Jayden had the time of his little life handing the gifts out to their recipients. Seriously though. How adorable is his face below giving Grandpa his gift?
df-24

df-25
df-28
df-29
df-26
Of course, opening his own is his favorite part!
df-27
df-30
df-31
df-32
df-33
Okay, okay, I admit it…my 26 year-old self enjoys a little present opening myself. The best gift? A night’s stay at Anniversary Inn! Thanks Mom and Dad!!!
df-34
df-35
Jayden went crazy for all of the decorations at Grandma and Grandpa Ostler’s. He especially liked the lit train on the wall. Let me tell you, my in-laws go all out!
df-36
df-37
With another set of Grandparents to visit, came another set of gifts to hand out.
df-38
df-39
Jayden really got into this whole gift exchange thing this year.
df-40
df-41
df-42
Ben’s parents used dollar bills as tissue paper for our gifts they put inside of the beautiful candle holder they got us. That is some expensive tissue right there!
df-43
df-44
Eggnog and banana bread! Ben was excited, and even Jayden LOVED it!
df-45
df-46
Jayden loves all the toys at Grandma and Grandpa’s house! Especially the trains (no surprise there). I am particularly fond of the picture I got below of him saying “Choo! Choo!”.
df-47
df-48
df-87
After three days without gifts (heaven forbid), Jayden was pretty happy to see the tradition continue at Grandma and Grandpa Durfee’s after their trip to Oregon to visit my Uncle Curtis and his family.

df-89
df-90
df-91
We got Grandpa coal as a gag gift (it was chocolate, so he did not mind), and of course for his real gift-more chocolate!
df-92
df-93
We got goodie money for New Year’s, and Grandma brought me back pearls from Oregon-YAY!
df-94

No comments:

Post a Comment