Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday, Jayden! We love you SO much!!!

 
Happy Birthday, Jayden!!! We love you to the moon and back! You bring so much love, joy, and laughter into our life and our home, and know how to keep life interesting by keeping us on our toes. We are so lucky and blessed to have you in our family! You will always be our perfect, little angel not matter what! Hope this is your best birthday and year yet, buddy! Looking forward to celebrating with you once we finally kick this cold. Love you!!!-Mom and Dad
Jayden 3rd birthday tributw
 
And now onto the start of a new tradition. Posting the cute things Jayden has said and done in the past year (keep in mind I did not think to start doing this until April, but I still have a good chunk of cuteness for you):
 
4/5/14: I am so impressed with how reverent Jayden has been for Conference. He folds his arms for all the prayers, sings along with the songs, and sits transfixed by all the speakers. Every time someone says "Jesus Christ" or "Savior", Jayden exclaims "Oh I love Him, I love Him!" It is so touching to me.
4/21/14: Mine and Jayden’s conversation earlier today:
Jayden: Go to park with Daddy?
Me: We can go when Daddy gets home from work.
Jayden: No Mommy. Just Daddy and Jayden go.
Me: Can I come with you?
Jayden: No.
Me: Why not?
Jayden: Jayden go on date with Daddy.
So guess what two of us are out playing at the park and what one of us was left at home with all the dinner dishes. Before you feel too bad for me, know that I plan on getting the kitchen cleaned up in a matter of minutes and then Mommy is having her own date with the T.V. for a little while. Honestly, it will be nice to just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet for a bit before my run tonight.
4/27/14: So...Jayden has been pointing to my belly and saying "baby in there" and "baby girl in there" all night. Does he know something we don't, or is it just all the pregnant friends and family we have right now and the recent baby showers? Ha ha! You should have seen the look exchanged on mine and Ben's faces the first time he randomly said it.
5/1/14: I was making potato wedges for Jayden last week and he was watching (he loves helping me cook, and I have noticed he is a better eater when I let him help), when the potato slipped and I cut my fingers. He gasped and then asked to see my hand. He took it carefully in his own hands, shook his head and gently said, "Mommy needs to be more careful. Mommy needs a Mickey Mouse (Band-Aid with Mickey on ...it)", before giving it back to me. Well, he was begging for fries today, so I got everything out to bake some more potato wedges. I had completely forgotten about cutting myself until he came running over saying "No French fries! No want Mommy get hurt!" I told him I would be careful, and am happy to report that I made it through cutting them without an incident. Jayden spent the entire time sweetly saying "Be careful, Mommy. Be careful, Mommy" over and over again. What a sweetheart!
6/9/14: Today after I got showered and ready for the day, I went to get Jayden out of his room and this was what he said to me when he saw me: "Wow! Mommy did hair and makeup. Mommy looks pretty! Mommy has pretty eyes. Mommy has pretty things on ears. Mommy has pretty lips. I love my Mommy so much! My Mommy is huge pretty!" I am really hoping that last one means I am just really pretty and not huge.
6/10/14: Jayden playing with his toy trains and making them talk to one another:
Train One: Hey Percy!
Train Two: Hi Thomas!
Train One: You look pretty!
Train Two: Thanks! That nice to say!
Train One: Okay let's go to lunch!
Train Two: Okay! Let me grab my purse.
...at least he will get along with friends from both genders. Considering he is playing with trains, but the conversations they are having remind me more of what a little girl playing with her Barbies would say. We need to get him some boy buddies stat! I am afraid all this time with just Mommy is messing with his manliness.
7/2/14: We are watching Pocahontas (one of Jayden's favorites-he has a MAJOR crush on her, so did Ben when he was little), and this is what Jayden said during the part when John Smith sees her for the first time at the waterfall, and the wind is blowing through her hair: "Pocahontas pretty! Pocahontas huge pretty! Pocahontas has beautiful hair. Pocahontas has beautiful eyes and lips. I am going to marry Pocahontas!" Ha ha ha! Is it safe to say I can plan on an outdoor wedding in the woods somewhere? He is already girl crazy at two! We are in trouble!!!
7/4/14: Jayden has started calling me "Mom". Not "Momma" or "Mommy"...."Mom". Really not sure how I feel about this.... — feeling like time is going way too fast.
7/11/14: I was getting ready for our first opp night up north and had Jayden watching a movie on the laptop on my bed while I did my makeup. After finishing my mascara he wanted a different movie. While I was over helping him, I could feel him just staring at my profile. When I looked at him, he said, “Wow! Mommy pretty like Pocahontas!” Now that is a compliment! Smile
7/26/14: I was busy working at the computer while Jayden was eating a treat and Ben was in the bathroom. When he was done eating he said “All done. Get down now.”. I was at a point that I could not stop what I was doing without losing my work, so I told him to wait a minute. He proceeded to start into a fit so I scolded him and said, “Jayden! Just be patient for a minute and mommy will help you. “Having patience won’t kill you, but if you don’t find patience, your mother might!” It was not two seconds later that he exclaimed, “Daddy! Help!” (not out of fear of what I had said, but because he had given up on me helping him and was moving onto Daddy). The timing was just too perfect and soon had Ben and I both laughing hysterically.
7/27/14: My day is officially made. I came downstairs after getting ready for church, and Jayden dropped his toys and came running over to me to say, "Wow! Mommy is SO pretty!" It was so sweet and cute to me that my little two-year old would drop his precious toys to come and tell me that. Precious!
7/28/14:  Pretty sure that Jayden thinks that saying "You're full" is the same as saying "You're done" or "You don't want to". Not just when it comes to eating food, but apparently when it comes to several other things as well. I told him to pick up his toys and he said "Jayden is full of cleaning toys. Mommy do it." Then I told him to come and do learning time with me (a two hour block where we read and do other learning activities and games), and he said "Sorry Mom. Not do learning time. Jayden just too full of learning, okay?" I may have laughed, but I still made him pick up his toys and come do learning time with me today.
8/12/14: Jayden has started copying EVERYTHING Ben and I say, so I asked him if he was a copycat. His response? "Meow!" Ha ha! Ben and I busted a gut on that one.
bp-3
Happy Birthday to our ADORABLE three-year old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment