Tuesday, August 12, 2014

7/24-Pioneer Day with My Family!

Pioneer Day was quite eventful this year! We went to the parade for the first time ever (sadly enough), came back to our place for lunch where Jayden let Caleb out of his room to reign excited terror on all the kiddos that were not quite sure how to handle 81 pounds of sheer energy, went to the movies with my parents and brother Kyle while the rest of the kids had a movie party of their own at our place (with no dog drama-thank goodness!), and ended the day with sparklers and quite the neighborhood firework show back at our place. It was SO much fun, but it was also such a good reminder of the faith and sacrifice of our pioneer ancestors, and I felt so much gratitude throughout the day thinking of all that they sacrificed so that me and my family can enjoy living our faith in peace in the world today.
pdp-1
pdp-2
pdp-3
pdp-4
I LOVE Jayden’s picture with his sweet, little hand over his heart for the passing flag. SO precious!
pdp-5
pdp-6
pdp-7
pdp-8
pdp-9
pdp-10
pdp-11
pdp-12
pdp-13
pdp-14
pdp-15
pdp-16
pdp-17
pdp-18
pdp-19
pdp-20
pdp-21
Derek is SO loved by his nephew-poor kid! Ha ha! He gets dragged wherever Jayden wants to go.
pdp-22
pdp-23
pdp-24
The boys dancing to the marching band. :)
pdp-25
pdp-26
pdp-27
I LOVE this pic, but you should have seen the ten that came before…
pdp-28
pdp-29
pdp-30
pdp-31
I was trying to capture him watching the parade, but I snapped this right as he turned around and posed like this! I usually miss those moments.
pdp-32
pdp-33
pdp-34
pdp-35
Almost three-year olds are so cooperative for pictures.  At least there is plenty of fun personality. ;)
pdp-36
pdp-37
pdp-38
pdp-39
pdp-40
pdp-41
pdp-42
pdp-44
pdp-45
Yup…Jayden LOVES fireworks!
pdp-46
pdp-47
pdp-48
It was SUCH a FANTASIC day!

No comments:

Post a Comment