Wednesday, December 17, 2014

2014 Halloween and Trick-or-Treating Fun!

This year Halloween was such a BLAST! Jayden knew exactly what to do and how to have the most fun doing it, which of course led to Ben and I having our BEST Halloween yet. Goodness! Having kids is just the BEST! SO glad we get to add another cutie to our family next May! We can’t wait!

One of my favorite parts of the night was the fact that Jayden got way more excited about all the decorations and his costume than he did about the goodies. It was SO cute to watch him spend several minutes at each house just taking it all in. He also only wanted to go to the houses that were decorated. It was hilarious, and oh so cute! He was also so excited to be Captain America (his FAVORITE super hero). I was not going to paint his face, but after painting Ben’s he begged and begged, so I gave in and decided to give it a try (not sure how he would do with having his face painted). He did SO good, and held so so still, and followed my directions perfectly. He even scolded Ben when he tried to kiss his cheek saying “No Dad! My Captain America needs to dry first!”. It had Ben and I chuckling pretty hard especially since it was already dry. I will never forget how much it warmed my heart and pulled at my heart strings to watch my sweet little boy run excitedly from house to house with his cute, little super hero cap whipping behind him. It was precious and was such a magical and special night that we got to enjoy together as a family.
h14-1
We stopped by my Grandparent’s house in Riverdale before heading up to Perry to trick-or-treat with my family. Jayden was SO excited! He had even picked out his own treat bucket, and anxiously waited days to be able to use it. He still likes to pretend to go trick-or-treating months later. :)
h14
I sure LOVE my crazy and fun bunch!
h14-2
h14-4
h14-5
h14-6
The sunset was to die for that night! We grabbed a $5 hot-n-ready pizza to eat on the drive up-YUM!
h14-7
h14-8
Everyone got a kick out of Jayden’s enthusiasm for the night’s festivities, and who can blame them? Just look at that cute, little super hero! I dare you not to smile!
h14-10
h14-11
h14-12
h14-13
h14-14
h14-15
One house was TOTALLY decked out! With singing pumpkins, a fog machine, tons of decorations, and homemade root beer. We may or may not have spent almost a half and hour at this house alone. Jayden LOVED it and did not want to leave. Not even to go and get more candy.
h14-17
h14-18
h14-19
It was a good chance to catch up with old friends. I used to babysit this cute blonde when she was like 3. When did I get so old?! The most random part? She now babysits my old babysitter’s children. Small world!
h14-20
Seriously! Just look at him “fly” up those stairs! ADORABLE!!! :)
h14-22
h14-23
One house even had a fog bubble machine. Seriously-how cool is that? When they would pop the fog would go everywhere. It was fun. Jayden watched it and popped them for a good ten minutes. They also had some pretty artistic pumpkins.
h14-27
Elsa and Katniss!
h14-24
h14-25
The only decorations that Jayden did not like were the spiders-he is SO my child! He did get brave after about five minutes and hug one of them though. Quickest hug I have ever seen, and as you can tell from the picture above, he still kept his distance for the hug. Ha ha!
h14-26
It was fun trick-or-treating in my old neighborhood and seeing everyone again.
h14-28
h14-29
After trick-or-treating, my Mom cut and colored my hair while Ben took Jayden up to his parent’s for more trick-or-treating fun. I asked him to get pictures for me and got this one. At least I got one, right?

It was SUCH a good Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment