Thursday, February 19, 2015

Tristan’s Nursery and Jayden’s New Big Boy Room!

Since I wanted to give each of our boys their own special and fun room (and wanted Jayden to keep as many of his own things and decorations as possible) and to give myself a bit of fun with new decorating, I did a sports and star theme with Tristan’s room. I used the exact same paint as I did with Jadyen’s crafts and decorations which is nice because when they share a room one day everything will match. I (of course) had to make Tristan a name sign just like I made for Jayden when I was pregnant with him, and got him his own shelf that I painted along with hanging theme-coordinated decor. I took the jungle-them craft pieces off of Jayden’s old lamp and mobile and replaced them with sports themed ones for Tristan. We got the wall decals from Wal-mart for $10, and I found the crib bedding for a steal of deal (75% off) on Amazon. I am SO happy with how it turned out! I hope Tristan loves it. :)
tn-1
tn-2
tn-3
tn-4
tn-5 
tn-6
tn-8
Painting time!
tn-9
tn-10
tn-13 
tn-11
We wanted to make taking away Jayden’s things for baby Tristan as easy as possible, so we traded him for the items we needed for the nursery. We got him the Frozen poster to trade for the stars that hang on the wall, and got him the blue chair below to trade for the rocker glider we took from his room for the nursery. He was excited about them and it made the transition good for all of us. Jayden was so sweet and also gave two totes worth of baby toys and about 10 blankets he had grown to love to Tristan. He is such a good big brother already. We also got Tristan a few new things as well. We got a rock n’ play (which I hear are AWESOME and I am so excited about), and a swing since we borrowed one with Jayden that is no longer available. I got both for over 50% off and could not be happier about them. We also got Tristan a set of onesies (for fun since we have plenty of hand-me-downs from Jayden-SO nice about having another boy next), as well as a few new toys. We are all so very excited about our new little guy who will be here in just a few short months now. Eeek!
tn-14 
tn-23
The toys and blankets that Jayden gave to Tristan. Such a sweetie!
tn-21
tn-20
The completed nursery!
tn-15
tn-16
tn-17
Jayden LOVES his new “big boy room”! My grandparents were so sweet and got us this bunk bed for Jayden so that Tristan would eventually have a bed of his own too. It is beautiful and we are so grateful to them for it! We let Jayden pick out his own bedding to make the process and change as exciting and special as possible for him. He chose a Captain America bed-naturally. It even glows in the dark. He LOVES his new bed!
tn-18
tn-19
Both of the boys rooms turned out great, and they only took me a couple of weeks with the shopping, crafting, painting, re-arranging furniture and organizing to complete. I got done a lot earlier than I was planning on, but I am SO happy about it. It is nice to know we were ready before I got too uncomfortable, and before Ben got super busy with adding school to his plate like we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment