Friday, June 26, 2015

Our 7 Year Anniversary!

Well folks, this pregnancy brain/having a newborn child brain was intense this time around because I just about forgot about our anniversary this year! I cant believe it! I look forward to it every year! That being said plans and pictures on my part were a little unorganized and every picture was a mobile one. Lucky for me, my amazing hubby did not forget and even made all the plans this year. Thanks babe!
We were sitting on the couch in our bedroom the week of our anniversary when Ben looked at me and said “I want to talk to you about plans for Saturday”. I kissed the top of Tristan’s head before looking up at him vacantly, my eyes searching for what could be happening Saturday. Was that the Saturday he was finally going to be a regular carrier with the post office? No, that was not for three more Saturdays. Did we have a family event that day. No, I did not recall any upcoming events. Ben stared at me in disbelief before asking “You really don’t remember?”  “No.” I admitted a little embarrassed as I waiting for him to clue me in. “It is our anniversary.” He stated with a bit of a smile-the disbelief still apparent on his face. “Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! “I exclaimed. “Yes! Tell me what you were thinking for it.”

He went on to tell me he wanted to take me out. I got a little excited before my heart sank a little. I did not want to further let him down, but I was not ready to take Tristan out with nursing and the fussing that comes with adjusting to a newborn and I did not want to leave him with a sitter for an entire date night. Ben assured me he had taken that all into consideration and told me he wanted to take me on a drive-in themed date night. drive-in for dinner, drive-in movie-PERFECT! I could nurse in the comfort and privacy of our car and Tristan’s fussing would not be a bother to anyone! I LOVE that man of mine for his thoughtfulness and I looked forward to our date the rest of the week! It was so nice to have something to look forward to as it was a difficult week of adjusting to being the mother of two.

Lucky number 7 did not disappoint, and it turned out to be a SPECTACULAR 3 days of celebrating our love for one another! I actually got ready for the first time that week! I am talking shower, legs shaved, hair curled, makeup and all thanks to a very good and easy day with the boys. It was AMAZING! Ben was also able to get off work at a very decent time and we headed up north to take Jayden to my parents for a sleepover party since the drive-in movie would go so late.

When we got there, my parents were happy to watch Tristan for a bit too while we grabbed dinner up north before heading back south with Tristan to go to the movie. I had pumped milk just in case it was easier than nursing while we were out and about so it worked out great, even if it was a little hard to leave and be five minutes away for an hour (new mommy emotions).

With not having Tristan, Ben brought up the idea of actually going into the restaurant at Maddox instead of just the drive-in for dinner..um…yes please! We were a little worried about getting in on a Saturday night without a reservation, but we got right in and seated at a table with no wait at all! It and the food, and the company, and the complimentary anniversary pie was all so INCREDIBLE!
7ya15-1
7ya15-2
7ya15-3
Our luck took a bit of a sour turn when we did not get to the drive-in as early as we had hoped due to me trying to nurse at home before leaving, and then having to go to Wal-mart to get cash and we ended up waiting in a big line of cars to get in to the drive-in for a half hour just to find out that Jurassic World had sold out. We pulled over to the side of the road and tried to decide what to do since we had already coordinated so much with the boys to make this possible. We ended up getting back in line in the hopes of getting in to see San Andreas instead. Luckily it was not sold out by the time we got up to the window and it was an AMAZING movie that both Ben and I thoroughly enjoyed despite being bummed about the other show not working out even though we had been excited to see it for months. We got all the same thrills and excitement as the other movie would have offered. Tristan was also good as gold and did not fuss at all other than to nurse one time before falling back asleep. Our luck really ended up paying off when we got pulled over for “not coming to a complete stop” at the 4-way stop by our house and getting off without even a warning and just being told what a cute baby we had! Talk about lucky! Pretty sure it is all thanks to our cute Tristan.
7ya15-4
The next day we enjoyed some goodies as a family to celebrate our family being established 7 years ago, after the boys and I had spent the day at my parent’s while Ben worked hard on school. We had our favorite chocolate pie and some of our favorite fruits. YUM!
7ya15-5
7ya15-6
On Monday my parents were awesome and volunteered to watch both boys while Ben and I caught an early evening showing of Jurassic World since we had missed it at the drive-in. Ben got off in time-thank goodness and we made sure to get there with plenty of time to spare by grabbing food and cash in advance from Wal-mart and then picnicking in the car in the theater parking lot. We got tickets for the 3D show! We were SO excited!!! The movie was AMAZING and we both really enjoyed it even if I did feel a little weird without my boys with me. So glad we went and made it happen though since my family enjoyed our boys as much as our boys enjoyed being there. They definitely have plenty of people to love on them there and give them oodles of attention-that is for sure. :)
7ya15-7 
7ya15-8
7ya15-9
Happy 7 Years to us!!! Thanks for a WONDERFUL anniversary! Sure love you, babe!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment