Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Big 21, Fun n’ the Sun and Jack Daniels

My 21st birthday was full of theme park and water fun! My parent’s paid for Ben and I to go to Lava hot Springs with them and that turned into quite an adventure with Ben’s “short cut” that made it take twice as long to get there because we got lost. Good thing even in times of lost frustration I have a cute and fun guy around to keep me company and make it not-so-bad. We did eventually got there and we had a blast (so much in fact that..you guessed it…no pictures of our fun-not even of the hostess cupcake my family gave me so they could sing “happy birthday” *sigh) between splashing in the pool to going off the high platforms it was quite the party for my big day!
LavaPool
That same week, Ben and I had a little celebration of our own when he took me to Lagoon! I love him SO much-almost as much as Lagoon ;). I don’t think he could have picked a better gift. Memory building experiences far out way little material things, if you ask me, and I could not think of a better investment for the money he had set aside for my birthday. Is it just me, or is there something really romantic about cuddling while enjoying rides at theme parks with a guy you are totally crazy about? The churros and dippin’ dots were the icing on the cake!
Lagoon
Of course, what is a birthday without a little material souvenir (which also doubles as a super fun memory building experience), so after a little a lot of begging, Ben finally caved and paid the ridiculous price for those good old fashioned photos they do in Pioneer Village. Worth.every.penny. Not to mention it was a BLAST getting all dressed up and having a little fun together. I have wanted to get some taken for years! I still LOVE these pictures, which now grace our master bedroom walls.
Lagoon 1
There were even Jack Daniels bottles for the BIG-finally legal 21 (the staff insisted)! Using them as props in the pictures was about as exciting as it got though, folks. You see, turning 21 really made no difference in my drinking habits at all because my true drink favorite-ROOT beer-has always been legal! But the pictures were fun and can I just say that my man is fine! Thanks for getting into it with me, babe-you were a such trooper and really held your own for the pictures and you looked good!
lagoon 2
Ben always makes my birthday so special and fun! I look forward to what he has planned that he is keeping secret every year! Thanks for an incredible 21st birthday, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment