Monday, April 8, 2013

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009 was so much fun! Thanks to getting decorations and being married to such an incredible man that makes every experience amazing! We got hot chocolate from Maverick with Vanilla coffee creamer in it (my favorite way to make my cocoa) and drove around and looked at Christmas lights pretty much every night the week of Christmas. The house just down the street was particularly cool, as the pictures below will let you know. They even had music and lights that changed with the music. We went to see that house every time we went to look at the lights. I have always loved driving around and looking at the lights, ever since I was a little girl and my parents would take me and my siblings.
Our Christmas 09
Our Christmas 09-1
Our Christmas 09-3
Our Christmas 09-4
Pretty impressive display isn’t it?
Our Christmas 09-5
After seeing the lights on Christmas Eve, we came home and cuddled while eating snacks and treats (what is a celebration without them?) and watched Miracle on 34th Street-one of my all-time favorites. It was all so perfect! I love those moments when you are nestled at home with the ones you love. There is just something so peaceful and good about moments like that. After the movie, I was sent to bed-yes you read that right. Ben always sends me to bed before Santa comes. He knows how excited I get over Santa coming. I listened and headed upstairs to bed, but not before leaving milk and cookies out for my Santa. When Ben came upstairs, I had a little surprise of my own for him. I still find it crazy how much more spoiled I get by Santa now that I am married….I wonder what that is all about…;). Santa was even nice enough to take the picture below after he had finished putting out all the presents.
Our Christmas 09-2
Christmas morning, I woke up to quite the display of presents that Santa had left. I got a new purse, some jewelry, a movie and lots of chocolate (Santa knows me well). I definitely made Santa’s good list! Ben and I had fun opening all of our presents and laughing over some good inside jokes. I think we were more excited about each other’s presents than our own. Ben got a wallet, some movies, clothes, a couple necklaces and candy.
Our Christmas 09-6
Our Christmas 09-7
We finished opening our presents and then got ready to head over to my Aunt and Uncle’s for more celebrating with Wii games and Christmas Dinner.
Our Christmas 09-8
Christmas 2009 was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment