Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Officially Saying Goodbye to Colorado and Moving Back to Utah

Well, after moving around from place to place to place every few weeks-months for a year, we were excited to finally be moving back to Utah and hopefully getting settled for a little while. We stuffed Ben’s work truck chuck full with all of our stuff, and drove to Trent and Janae’s, who kindly let us load it into the extra space in their moving truck, and then spent the night with a family from their current and our previous ward. The bed we slept on was so comfortable! We had the hardest time waking up early for the long drive to Utah the next morning. I rode with Janae in her car, while the boys rode in the truck, and after stopping at a small diner in Wyoming for a very tasty lunch, Janae joined Trent, and Ben joined me the rest of the way back. They dropped us off at my grandparent’s and we then unloaded everything into my grandparent’s living room (what trooper’s, eh? -they definitely love us) and made plans to find an apartment close to Fashion Place since I was able to transfer to the Nordstrom's there!
officially moving-3
officially moving-4
officially moving-5
officially moving-7
Moving…again…yay…I think Ben was a bit more optimistic than I was. He usually is.
officially moving-8
We were excited to be moving back and a load of stress was taken off with Ben’s new raise and promotion, but we still had to find a place to live (and fast) and with the $500 deductible for the accident things were a bit tight as far as paying for background checks, deposits, and the moving truck. Although I was stressed about finding a place and moving for our 10th time in the year and a half we had been married, I am happy to say we found a good place for a good deal by the end of our very first day apartment hunting, and it was just a few blocks away from the Fashion Place Mall and two exits North of Ben's work! What a relief! I am glad we liked it, because it ended up being our home for 2 whole years! Trust me-that was an eternity for us, I almost got bored…almost. We celebrated this victory by going out to lunch with my Grandma and Grandpa Durfee, their treat.
officially moving-9
officially moving-10
officially moving-11
It was a crazy week as we got the moving truck, emptied the storage bay, emptied grandma’s living room, moved in, got settled and tried to squeeze in celebrating Ben’s birthday. If you know me-you know that I literally had the boxes unpacked, the pictures hanging on the walls, and everything in its new place in 3 days (I am very determined when I get into my “project modes” and sometimes eating and sleeping even take a backseat to the task at hand). Organization in everything to me and Ben has learned quickly that an organized Danae is a happy Danae. I am very lucky to have a man willing to do so much to help me obtain that very much, sought after ambition in life. We even moved right during his birthday, which has sort of become a tradition over the past few years-poor guy. We did pause at my grandparent’s one day so he could open his presents. I am sure glad he loves me and is so patient with me. He is definitely my calm and steady constant in our very crazy life.
officially moving-12
Happy 24th birthday, Ben!
officially moving-13
 
officially moving-14
officially moving-15
officially moving-16
“Budget” rentals held up to its name, until it came to filling up the gas tank…
new apartment-2
Our new place-definitely not designer-savvy, but it was ours and that was everything to us at that point in time.
new apartment-1
new apartment-3
new apartment-4
new apartment-5
new apartment-6
new apartment-7
new apartment-8
new apartment-9

All-in-all a week later, it was so nice to be all settled in to our own place again after being office hosts and nomads for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment