Saturday, April 6, 2013

Italian Night-a New Tradition

Ben and I decided we wanted to jazz up our every-day life a bit, and so we started the traditional weekly Italian dinner. I cook like crazy in the kitchen before Ben gets home from work and joins me, we set the table, bust out the candles, got out the chilled, sparkling red grape Martinelli’s and turn on the romantic piano arrangement we often like playing in the background during a nice candle-lit dinner at home. Then we sit down-often times all gussied up (I have a special dress for such occasions, but tonight we played it down a bit due to Ben getting home extra late), and ENJOY a fun, cheap, romantic date at home! We have a lot of fun with our “Italian Nights”, as we have come to call them.
italian night
Following dinner, we enjoy games, a movie, a fun activity together, or just talking on the couch while cuddling. This particular night, we roasted marshmallows and made s’mores in our backyard. It was beyond perfect, and Italian Night soon became a bigger hit than a night on the town. Our life may be simple, but it is ours and I LOVE it and we are enjoying the now and planning for bigger things (traveling-can hardly wait) for a little later while getting the most out of and enjoying all the precious and meaningful “little things” first. Although, let’s face it, the “little things” end up being the big things. It will make the more exciting all the more worth it, I just know it
italian night 1
My cute Eagle Scout was just about as excited about his fire as I was about making s’mores…almost.
italian night 3
italian night 5
italian night 4
Can you say YUM?!
italian night 6
I LOVE time with my Lovie and nights like this are the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment