Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Trip Home to Visit

I told Ben there was one condition to us moving back to Colorado, and that was that we would come back to Utah and visit. Ben stood by that promise and our first trip back was October of 2009. We left early, grabbed breakfast on the way while making the 10 hour drive through boring old Wyoming (at least the bottom half of the state and the road we drove so many times it seemed like) for a packed weekend of fun! We hit up the much cheaper than the Colorado theaters, little ole’ Brigham City Capitol Theater to watch Fame, spent some time at my parents house, went to my sister-Andrea’s-indoor soccer game to cheer her on, hung out with some good and much missed friends, and then made the 10 hour drive back to Centennial, Colorado. It was a busy and crazy couple of days, but it was so much fun and so worth it!
trip home
This guy makes 10 hour car drives enjoyable.
trip home 1
Somebody gets really into Halloween. You should have been there for my panicked double-take upon first seeing this out of the corner of my eye. Ben was laughing pretty hard at my horror.
trip home 2
trip home 3
trip home 4
Can’t beat a good and current movie for $3.50 a person!
trip home 6
Andrea played so well. If you know us “Ahlstrom’s”, you know we are a BIG soccer family. We all play and my Dad coaches, but I am a bit of a black sheep and am more passionate about music, theater and dance. Yup-I am one of those artsy geeks, but look out, I am still pretty athletic and competitive too.
trip home 7
Fun with married friends Spencer and Tori Hanks, and Chelcee and Hyrum Davis and their adorable baby-which so does not help being baby hungry by the way!
trip home 8
Taking the scenic, tourist route home.
trip home 9
trip home 10
It was such a fun weekend and so good to see so many loved ones again.

No comments:

Post a Comment