Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Year’s-Welcoming 2010!

New Year’s Eve, we headed to my Aunt and Uncles to join them and some of their neighbors for food, treats, fun and festivities as we all waited to ring in the New Year! It was quite the party and we were definitely happy to be included in the celebration. We headed home a bit early though for a celebration of our own at home. We doubled up on the junk that night, with goodies of our own and watched the Las Vegas celebration on T.V. before watching the re-cap at midnight of the ball dropping in New York. Growing up without television, it was my first time watching the ball drop and I thought it was pretty cool to see. We rang in the New Year with a sparkling cider toast which has become a big tradition. Sparkling Martinelli’s (whether apple, grape, cranberry or a mix of these-our favorite it the red grape) always accompanies mine and Ben’s celebrations and traditions.
new year's 2010
Being the extrovert I am, I was a bit more excited about partying with a big group of people than my introverted Ben.
new year's 2010-1
I even wore the pearl ring got me for Christmas (sorry it is a bit blurry).
new year's 2010-2
new year's 2012-3
 
new year's-5
new year's 2010-7
The kiddos played,
new year's 2012-8
new year's 2010-9
and the adults hung out and visited.
new years 2012-6
I guess I slipped in to old habits with our own party, because we apparently were having too much fun to get any pictures. Sometimes it is nice to put the camera away and just enjoy the moment though, you know? It was a wonderful night, and the best way to bring in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment