Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bidding Casey Farewell Before His Mission to Thailand

This particular goodbye was a very, very hard one for me. My brother Casey and I have always been incredibly close and I was not looking forward to him being gone for 2 whole years, even if I was very proud and very happy with the path he was choosing for his life in serving a mission for our church-the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Casey is amazing. Period. I still remember living at home and after an incredibly hard day, I would come downstairs to a bed made out of the couch cushions, a tall glass of ice water, comfort food (usually chocolate) and my brother Casey giving me a back massage to help me feel a little bit better. Would you believe it always made me feel a LOT better? He also gave up his room for an entire summer in between my two years at Snow so I would have a bedroom (you see, coming from a big family, your room is quickly taken by another child the second you leave). I was so grateful to not be stuck out in the family room with no privacy. I have been through some extremely trying times in my life and Casey has always been there for me. I love him to pieces and whatever girl ends up marrying him is incredibly, INCREDIBLY lucky and may just have to pass a few of my tests first. ;)
casey's farewell
Casey’s Sunday dinner after his farewell address.
caseys farewell-1
casey's farewell -3
We have been companions in crime for years now. Don’t believe me? Just ask my Mom.
casey's farewell-5
Grabbing lunch at Fazoli’s before dropping him off at the MTC.
casey's farewell-6
 
casey's farewell-4
Love this character SO much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment