Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My 5-Year High School Reunion for the Class of 2005!

I have to admit I LOVE that I graduated in 2005, because it makes it very easy to keep track of how many years I have been graduated from High School (which is starting to be more depressing that exciting these days…), so I can know when to plan for the reunions and such. Reunions tend to be a little awkward, but any excuse for a party and get together is worth it, if you ask me. This reunion was quite small as far as turnout, but Ben and I had a blast none-the-less (even if we were both bummed we missed his 5-year reunion, due to being in Colorado because we both had a lot more friends in his class). We enjoyed the summer evening by celebrating those 5 whole years (CRAZY!-Even crazier? Now it is 8!!! When did that happen?!) with yummy food and treats, three-legged races, pictures, volley ball with water balloons (forgive the lack of pictures for that particular event-we were having too much fun to think about it at the time), and wooden boat races down the stream.
5 year reunion
5 year reunion-1
5 year reunion-2
5 year reunion-5
5 year reunion-6
5 year reunion-7
 
5 year reunion-8
5 year reunion-9
Mine and Ben’s boat…too cheesy? Ya…just for the sake of celebrating high school memories, let’s let it slide…mmmk?
5 year reunion-10
It was quite the event and we were glad we were able to make it! Excited to do it all over again in 5 years…make that 2 years (weird). Is it possible to have a mid-life crisis at 25? Because, I think I might be having one. I just thought I would be so much more accomplished by this point in my life. I guess I am married to my best friend, have my degree, have a beautiful child, am a homeowner of a beautiful home and have the cutest dog ever. My life may be different than I envisioned it would be back in high school, but maybe I am not doing too bad for myself. Maybe, it’s all actually pretty great and worth being proud of. Ya, I think it definitely is!

No comments:

Post a Comment