Saturday, May 18, 2013

Greeting Elder Ahlstrom at the Airport

I was pretty excited to have my brother Ryan home. He left just 9 days before mine and Ben’s wedding and I was excited to see him and tell him all about how amazing married life really is! Of course, he was slightly disappointed that Ben and I had not made him an Uncle while he was away, but he forgave us and I think our little Jayden made up for it a little over a year later-lucky for us. Not all of us got there on time-my Dad and brother Jared got there late due to a boy scout trip to Moab-so Ryan was sweet and reenacted coming down the escalator for them when they arrived, so we got to welcome him back twice! We didn’t mind. The kids were so excited to see him and he could not believe how much everyone had changed. Ryan and my brother Casey’s missions overlapped by just a couple weeks, but lucky for them, the MTC arranged a time for them to see one another there. I get the feeling we will not have everyone in our family home for a while now that weddings and missions are taking place. Cami is leaving to serve a mission in Oregon in June, and Jared is filling out his papers as we speak. Exciting times for my big family-even if it is hard to have members of my family away for so long,we could not be more proud of them and their decisions to serve the Lord and his children.
ryan's homecoming
ryan's homecoming-1
The first greeting.
ryan's homecoming-2
Can you tell how excited everyone was to see him? Or how much walking he had done the last two years? I told him his shoe told us hi before he did.
ryan's homecoming-3
ryan's homecoming-4
ryan's homecoming-5
The second greeting. We were all sure glad to have him back! I am sure the people in the Marshall Islands still miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment