Friday, October 25, 2013

Bear Lake 2013!

Even though it did not work out with Ben’s work schedule to camp over this year at Bear Lake, we went up and had a blast for the day, and just between you and I, I did not really miss all the packing and unpacking (even if I do think camping is worth it). Ben’s parents were amazing and watched Caleb since dogs are not allowed on the beach.
 
It was an amazing day and it nice to get to spend time with my family for another Durfee Reunion. My cousin Jake had just gotten home from his mission and came and met Jayden for the first time. It was fun seeing Jayden run around and interact with all of the surroundings this year. I tell ya, that little boy just astounds me with his pure joy and happiness in life. It is inspiring to me. Needless to say, it was a good day. Full of the beautiful outdoors, sand between our toes, water washing over us, wind in our faces as we cruised on the jet skis, running around under the warm sun…and the rain, laughing with family, and just sitting back and enjoying life for the day. I must say it was just what the doctor ordered. After the week that I have had with a UTI, and an E.R. visit late last night, I would give anything to repeat this day again tomorrow. Pretty please?
bl-1
bl-2
We grabbed a little lunch and some snacks for the trip at a grocery store in Logan on the way up. What do you think of our cheesy faces? Pretty good, eh? I also gave in and bought this car along with our food with my birthday money. I can’t think of a better way to spend it. Being as tight as we have been, we usually have to say no when Jayden wants something, (and he is always so good about it), so it felt so good to be able to say yes this time and watch his face light up with excitement. I tell ya, it just may be the best dollar I have ever spent.
bl-3
bl-4
bl-5
bl-6
bl-7
Jayden had fun jumping on the bed and helping grandpa set up in the tent trailer, as well as playing with Daddy through the screen.
bl-8
bl-9
bl-10
bl-12
We shared our campground with a furry little friend, and everyone (especially Jayden) was quite happy to see him.
bl-11
bl-13
While waiting for Ben to change into his swimsuit, Jayden decided he was taking the swim bag and heading to the beach without him. After trying and grunting for a good while, he decided to come over to me and ask for help by saying…
bl-14
“Pwease!”
bl-15
As we were walking down to the water in the nice sunshine, it began to down pour! It was crazy, but it did not stop our little adventurer! He marched right into that water and kept going when it started to get too deep, and was very upset when Ben turned him around. Ha ha!
bl-16
bl-17
Yup…this was the sky where all that rain was coming from. SO weird! Luckily it did not last long.
bl-18
bl-19
bl-20
bl-21
bl-22
bl-23
bl-24
bl-25
bl-26
Jayden’s favorite activities this year? Throwing sand, and of course-bird chasing!
bl-27
bl-28
bl-29
bl-30
bl-31
bl-32
bl-33
Ryan and Hilary stopped by on their way back from Jackson Hole for their two-year wedding anniversary. Crazy! Sure love those two!
bl-34
bl-35
bl-36
bl-37
bl-38
bl-39
bl-40
bl-41
bl-42
bl-43
bl-44
When my cousin Hannah joined him, the bird chasing got all the more fun and giggly!
bl-46
bl-47
bl-48
bl-49
bl-50
Jet skiing was SO liberating! My favorite-DRIVING!
bl-51
bl-52
bl-53
bl-54
bl-55
bl-56
bl-57
It was so nice to be all clean and showered! After we got back to camp, Hilary was awesome and braided my hair.
bl-58
bl-59
Isn’t the picture in the middle of Jayden meeting Jake just adorable?
bl-60
bl-61
bl-62
bl-63
The view of the lake and the moon on the drive out was SO beautiful!!!
bl-64
It was such a good trip! Can it be Summer again? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment