Monday, October 21, 2013

The Bear River Bird Refuge!

Last August, Jayden and I joined my family and their neighbors the Lee’s, for a little field trip to the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. This Bird Refuge is located just northwest of my hometown of Brigham City. Jayden had the time of his little life running and playing and exploring, and I was more than a little glad to have a lot of little helpers to help me chase him around. Jayden LOVES birds, so he was especially excited to see so many of them everywhere!
br-1
br-2
br-3
br-4
br-5
br-6
br-7
br-8
br-9
br-10
Ya, the stroller concept was not too appealing here…
br-11
br-12
br-13
br-15
br-16
br-17
br-19
br-20
br-24
br-21
br-22
br-23
Jayden did not want to sit still for a second! There was just simply too much fun to be had.
br-25
br-26
br-27
Even when he had that one shoe that just did not want to stay on, he ditched it and kept on running. That is adventure determination right there!
br-28
br-30
br-29
br-18
br-31
After completely touring the inside (multiple times) we decided to broaden our horizons outside.
br-32
Don’t you just love Jayden’s “cheese” face? Ha ha! It is funny to me because I have pictures of me at his age doing the exact same thing when my Mom would tell me to say cheese for the camera.
br-33
br-34
br-35
br-36
I sure love and admire this lady!
br-37
br-38
While the kiddos played with their nets, Casey, Jayden and I got a head start on the nature trail.
br-39
br-40
Do you see the bird footprints in the cement? He clearly missed the “wet cement” signs. ;)
br-42
br-43
With the heat and sun, and me forgetting the sunscreen, we left earlier than the rest of the group and headed to Peach City for some lunch before meeting up with the group again for ice cream. Casey treated us to lunch for my birthday. YAY birthdays and Peach City! Jayden was pretty excited about it and that excitement only grew when he spotted the bananas, convinced Uncle Casey to buy one, and then got his food (he actually clapped), it was SO cute!
br-44
br-45
br-46
br-47
I sure love my lil’ monkey!
br-48
br-49
After lunch, we found out they decided on lunch at the local pizza joint rather than ice cream…ha ha. So we joined to visit and play.
br-50
br-52
br-53
br-54
br-55
It was a day full of adventure, food, family, friends, and FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment