Monday, September 23, 2013

Our 5 Year Anniversary!

Ben and I hit five years of marriage on June 13th of this year (CRAZY! Where does the time go?!), and despite all the mishaps with Ben getting the day of our five-year anniversary off a month in advance so he could take Jayden and I to Hogle Zoo, only to have them tell him they were making him work the night before (grrrr! I was mad and upset, and I admit it.), I am happy to say, that we still had a happy anniversary all the same! We used the money we were going to use to go to the zoo and grab pizza at our much-loved Nordstrom CafĂ©, to go out for a nice dinner at my favorite restaurant, Maddox (maybe you have heard of it-YUM!) instead. So, in my book, it all worked out! We are still planning on hitting up the zoo next month, and there are two big pluses about waiting. One, it will be much cooler than the over one hundred degrees it was back in June, and two, we will also save six bucks since it is the off season and tickets are cheaper. Win-win, I say! Plus, Jayden has really been learning all of his animal names and sounds the past few months, so I think it is going to be quite the fun family outing. I can’t wait! Now, back to our anniversary.
5ya
5ya-1
We get VERY excited about giving one another gifts, so we decided we had waited long enough and opened gifts the night before. I made Ben a HUGE poster card, and the pictures below that create our last name (which were supposed to be a group gift for both of us, but as you can see by the pictures below, Ben cheats and ALWAYS one-ups me when it come to presents on special days. *Sigh* One day I will win that battle), and Ben got me flowers, a really thoughtful card, and some of my favorite goodies. I sure love that man of mine!
5ya-2
5ya-3
5ya-4
5ya-5
5ya-6
Since plans fell through for a romantic night of pitching the tent in the living room like we did for our two-year anniversary with Ben having to work, we made up for it with a pizza and movie party the night before instead. My guy even did all the dishes!
5ya-7
5ya-8
The next day after I got all dolled up, I came downstairs to have my little guy come running up to me saying “pretty!” with this big grin on his face! I felt like a million bucks! I recently watched the movie  I don’t know how she does it with Sarah Jessica Parker, and there is a line that I fell in love with and can totally relate to. “Having a two-year old is like being a movie star, only without all the critics.” Ha ha! I LOVE it, and it is SO true! If you have not seen that movie, I recommend it! It can be found on Netflix and is SO good!
5ya-9
5ya-10
My family watched Jayden while we went to dinner. He had the time of his life with all the toys and of course, the bananas my parents had stocked and ready for him.
5ya-11
5ya-12
The hostess and our server went above and beyond to make our evening special for us. We even got pie on the house! Score! There pies are to die for yummy!
5ya-13
5ya-14
5ya-16
When we came back to pick up Jayden, my parent’s let us pick strawberries fresh right out of their garden, and then we got to enjoy the most beautiful of sunsets! It was icing on the cake after a romantic anniversary!
5ya-17
5ya-18
5ya-19
5ya-20
It was a good couple of nights spent celebrating our five, count them FIVE years of marriage, and here is to many, many more! I sure am crazy about this guy! He is my kind of my FAVORITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment