Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Our St. Pattie’s Day Festivities 2013!

Since Saint Patrick’s Day landed on a Sunday this year, I planned Primary Singing time with a St. Pattie’s Day theme. I drew a rainbow on a poster board, and used construction paper that I cut out for the colorful rainbow stripes that I could place on the poster board (I hope you can picture this based on my description, since I unfortunately do not have a picture). For each color stripe, the kids had to perfect a certain area of singing/performing. For example, for the red stripe they had to think about how the particular song we were singing testifies of Christ and give it meaning by adding their testimony into the song they were singing. For the yellow stripe, they had to smile while they were singing. For the blue one, they had to know all of the words and sing them loudly (but reverently), and so on and so forth. If they got all of the rainbow stripes for the song we were singing, they got a gold coin (a.k.a. chocolate candy coin), that I put in a cute St. Patrick’s Day themed candy holder. It was a hit and the children LOVED it! I, of course, bought extra’s to make Jayden and Ben a cute bag full of these chocolate coins as my St. Pattie’s Day present to each of them. Jayden went crazy for them! And I took a TON of pictures of him while he enjoyed them, so sorry in advance, but they were all just SO darn cute! We also got Caleb a cute St. Pattie’s Day chew toy we found on clearance during on of our trips to Pet Smart (we go a lot, since Jayden LOVES to see all the cute little pets, as do Ben and I). After dinner we made homemade Oreo cookies (Jayden loved being my special little helper), with green filling in honor of the holiday. It all turned out to be a very fun and successful St. Patrick’s Day at the Ostler house!
st. pattie's-1
We made sure to wear green. Would not want to get pinched! ;)
st. pattie's-9
st pattie's-2
st. pattie's-19
My Mom bought me this cute decoration for St. Patrick’s Day. Isn’t it darling? can’t wait to put it up next year!
st pattie's-3
Our little St. Pattie’s Day corner.
st. pattie's-8
st. pattie's-4
st. pattie's-6
st. pattie's-5
st. pattie's-7
st. pattie's-12
st. pattie's-14
I just love this picture of our not-so-little, one year old puppy!
st. pattie's-10
st. pattie's-11
st. pattie's-15
Needless to say, we all got a little sugared out…
st. pattie's-16
st. pattie's-17
After cookies, it was definitely bed time for our little guy.
st. pattie's-18
He got happier once we let him brush his teeth (He LOVES it, and takes his personal hygiene quite seriously). We spent a good five minutes helping him brush them, and letting him brush them himself after all that sugar! Oh, and don’t worry…Daddy was just outside these pictures ready to catch him should he fall. We sure LOVE this little guy, and we all LOVED our St. Patrick’s Day 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment