Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Santa Claus Came 3 Days in a Row!

We were surprised by three(!), that’s right-THREE days of presents this past Christmas! First-when we received the Secret Santa gifts and knew we would have presents on Christmas Day. Second, when Ben’s parents called us the day after Christmas, saying “they wanted to drop by and play Santa”, and third, when my parent’s stopped by the day after that to deliver presents themselves! We were spoiled! It meant so much to us that others helped make our and especially Jayden’s Christmas SO merry and bright!
scthiar-13
Did I mention we got a white Christmas? Because we sure did! :)
sctdiar-1
Ben’s parents brought a plate of yummy goodies, some stuffed animals for Jayden, a beautiful scarf for me, and gave the picture below to Ben as a reminder to hang in there and of how much they love us. It all meant SO much!
sctdiar-2
sctdiar-3
sctdiar-5
sctdiar-6
sctdiar-8
My parent’s came the next day, and brought Jayden a cute little barn toy, some prints of our family pictures, some meals in a can, and the 20 second workout DVD’s and accessories that Ben and I have been wanting for a while now. The best news? Now we had a way to work off all those Holiday treats and goodies!
sctdiar-14
sctdiar-10
Jayden was really liking this whole “tear paper and open present thing”, so I let him open mine too.
sctdiar-11
sctdiar-12
And if that all was not enough, my Mom (knowing the inner child in me, and how much I LOVED our traditions of decorating gingerbread houses graham cracker houses), even let me make one during one of our visits to their house!
gingerbread house-3
We headed up after a stop at the bank, and Jayden was pretty excited about his first sucker!
gingerbread house
gingerbread house-1-1
gingerbread house-1
gingerbread house-4
Jayden always has to have a buddy with him wherever we go.
DoUP
In my small attempt to pay it forward and give back a little, I sang at the Christmas Dinner for my Grandma’s Daughter’s of the Utah Pioneers group, but with the yummy food, and the amazing lotion they gave me as a thank you afterwards, I ended the Christmas Holiday still very much in debt to the everyone’s thoughtfulness and Christmas Spirit. Here is to someday and being able to really pay it all forward!
DoUP-1

It was definitely a VERY Merry Christmas of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment