Saturday, September 14, 2013

Meeting Up With Family For a Fun Day on the Town!

I am supposed to be enjoying Time Out For Women (like I did last year), but since I am home sick, I am going to make the most of getting this blog organized and caught up.

Last Spring, my Mom called and invited us to go for a walk on the Ogden Nature Trail and to Wendy’s for lunch with them and Grandma and Grandpa Durfee. Jayden and I were excited, but Mother Nature did not want to cooperate, and decided to pour rain the morning of our plans. We decided to still get together and still go on a walk, just in the New Gate Mall instead. It all worked out great! Jayden had a BLAST! I think he enjoyed the change of scenery. Grandma brought the little monkey backpack with a leash she got to help keep him close during their walks while they watched him, and as much as I always hated those things, I must admit they are pretty nice at times. Plus, Jayden loved it and would beg to wear it! He actually got upset when he was home and Ben and I would take him for a walk without one. That being said, we are now proud owners of one of our own. My siblings had a blast watching Jayden run and squeal and clap and play throughout the mall, stopping only to give Grandpa, Andrea, or me one of his famous hugs, or check out a display window.
mwf-1
mwf-2
mwf-3
mwf-4
mwf-5
mwf-6
I decided this cute experience right here would be well worth the quarter.
mwf-7
mwf-8
Jayden thought the coin funnel was the coolest, and we may have donated all of our lose change to whatever cause it was supporting, just to watch him giggle and clap as they spiraled down.
mwf-9
mwf-10-1
mwf-10
mwf-11
mwf-12
mwf-13
mwf-14
After our stroll through the mall, we hit up Wendy’s for some lunch. This memory was a happy one, even thought it started out VERY scary! I unloaded Jayden from his car seat and handed him to Lindsay to carry him inside. I was behind them about twenty steps or so, and as they were crossing the crosswalk to go into the restaurant, a man in his car came speeding around the corner and came about a foot away from hitting them both! It was a moment in time I will never forget. I broke down into tears and rushed over to them to get Jayden and give him that squeeze that Mommy’s just need to get to comfort them and reassure them it is really okay after something traumatic almost happened. Jayden was not phased in the slightest (of course-he never is), other than the confused furrowed eyebrows, and his curiously staring eyes at his suddenly, very emotional mother. Lindsay ran in the bathroom, half scared, and half mad at herself because she felt it was her fault. It definitely was not. She looked both ways, and was on the crosswalk. No one could have prepared for that guy whipping around the corner. I was furious at him! I am just so grateful he stopped in time before I had to just stand there and just watch as he ran over my sweet baby and my little sister. I still get the shivers and very emotional just thinking about it! SO happy to say that our happy day also had a happy ending! I was definitely very full of gratitude in my prayers that day. I am so grateful for a loving and mindful Father in Heaven who watches over us.
mwf-15
The food was yummy! We rarely get fast food anymore, but when we do it is quite the treat! Jayden went crazy for the chocolate milk and French Fries, and also thought that getting toys in his lunch was pretty neat!
mwf-16
mwf-17 
After lunch, the Sun finally decided to come out and play, so we went to Grandpa and Grandma’s to enjoy the backyard for a bit!
mwf-18
It sure was a fun day with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment