Monday, June 17, 2013

May 2011…

May was busy with-of course-some fun sprinkled in. This month was also quite hard as it was the month we found out that our baby would be born with cleft lip and most likely cleft palate. I am posting about that separately. With all my time to myself and not feeling great, but wanting to stay busy our nursery was complete by the time I was halfway through my pregnancy-crazy, I know! The nursery post is up next! With our office becoming the baby room, we had to shuffle the apartment around a bit to make room for our little guy. So, the desk, computer, and big couch all came into our room. We also added the bookshelf to the living room. It was sure crowded and awkward looking, but it worked for the time being. I might add that it was also around this time that we started house-hunting.
What a long hard process! I.hated.it. 10 months, 50 plus houses, offers on over 10, lots and lots of bad luck (including almost transferring to Colorado because of Ben’s company selling out, and then our budget for a house dropping by 30% right in the middle of those 10 months because of staying and his new position with the new company) and the craziness that at times seems to flood our life. I had pictures of all the homes, but got rid of them because at the time, they just made me depressed. There were some beautiful homes with yards and room to grow our family, but I know we ended up where we are supposed to be. This house is much closer to family and that has been such a blessing!
This month came with several girl’s days, double dates, good food and fun with friends, fun with family from out-of-state, and I got spoiled by Ben on Mother’s Day. Seriously! My man is a keeper!!!
spring11-36
spring11-37
spring11-38
The cute mirror I got at Ross for the master.
spring11-39
Do you like the cute basket I got to put all of Jayden’s toys in? I still LOVE it!
spring11-40
A fun day down in Provo visiting my bestie Camille, and her adorable 6-week old Mattix. Did I mention she is expecting her 2nd boy? I am so happy for her, even if it comes with a little jealousy…one day. :)
spring11-41
spring11-42
spring11-43
Chuck-A-Rama with family, and then hanging out at my Aunt Kayleen’s when my Mom’s brother and his family came to town from Oregon. Again, Ben’s long days killed him and he just about always fell asleep anywhere we went. If we double-dated with you during this time in our life, it meant I really liked you, because I had to take into consideration Ben falling asleep and me ending the night alone with whomever we were out with.
spring11-44
spring11-45
My first Mother’s Day cards! Ben and Jayden spoiled me! ;) How cute is that for Ben to get a card and fill it out for Jayden?! SO adorable!!!
spring11-46
Ryan and Hilary stopped by after just hours of getting engaged!!! We were SO excited for them!!!
spring11-50
Yet another girl’s play day with Alyssa and her adorable Paige!
spring11-51
Memorial Day BBQ last minute with some good friends, and Ben taking me out for In-N-Out! I swear we kept them in business during my pregnancy!
spring11-52
Double Date with Heidi and her fiance,  Caleb. We enjoyed a little Asian food and then went and say Kung Fu Panda 2! It was such a fun date! We LOVE double dating with these two! They are expecting a little girl soon! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment