Monday, June 10, 2013

Ben’s 25th Birthday Festivities!

Ben’s birthday was a blast this year, and the best news? We did not move this year!!! Remember his birthday last year? We were in the process of moving the past two of his birthdays before this one. I hope he enjoyed the break from moving on this particular birthday, because a year later, we bought our townhome and were moving in on his birthday, yet again! Poor guy! Guess you could say he gets a new place to live for his birthday present though and that is a big gift, right? The bad news was that this year, I was pregnant and super sick by the time his birthday rolled around that I could not even make a cake! Sad I know. I tried, but one look at those raw eggs and any food I was able to consume beforehand was history back in that day. So, he got a cute little hostess cupcake for his cake this year. Can you say sad? How about wife failure? I think my mom took pity on him, because she ended up throwing him a party with a real cake. Even if it did have different sections of sprinkles and frosting to accommodate my picky little siblings. Ben and I are obsessed with the Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting, but the kids don’t like the “bumps” in it, so Ben was sweet and once again let his birthday give way a bit for the greater good. I have said it before and I will say it again-I found myself a trooper, folks! My Mom was even nice enough to include Ben’s family and some of his friends as well. Did I mention I also have a trooper Mom? Ben and I did manage to get away and have some fun together with some window shopping (in which Ben of course tried to buy me something on his birthday) since the snow had bad weather had finally let up. Lucky for Ben, pregnancy symptoms do not interfere with presents, so we opened presents when we got back. All in all, I hope he had a good day and hopefully one day circumstances will allow me to make the past 5 birthdays up to him.
ben's 25th birthday!
Isn’t it just pathetic? Ha ha! I told Ben one day we would miss the days of store-bought-cupcake-birthday-cake-substitutes because they meant we had a little one on the way. Do you like the candle holes? Since 25 candles would not fit (obviously), I did two on one side and five on the other. It worked…kind of.
After weeks of this…
Ben's 25th birthday-1
We finally got this…!
Ben's 25th birthday-2
Ben's 25th birthday-3
and were oh so ready for some shopping and fun out on the town…just not without my Sprite!
Ben's 25th birthday-4
Ben's 25th birthday-5
My Mom’s party was AMAZING! I am so lucky to have her as my Mother and Ben is pretty lucky to have her as his Mother-in-law.
Ben's 25th birthday-6
Ben's 25th birthday-7
Ben's 25th birthday-8
Like the artistic cake? ;) Sometimes when you are from a big family with lots of different opinions and tastes, things get pretty interesting, but that just makes it all the more fun!
Hope you had a great 25th birthday, Ben! I am SO glad you were born and that I get to call you mine, and hopefully…one day…I will be able to give you the birthday I have always dreamed of giving you. LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment