Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My 24th Birthday!

Although the pregnancy (the gestational diabetes in particular-those who battle diabetes everyday AMAZE me!) made this birthday a little bit different, but Ben made it amazing as usual. I woke up to flowers and cards from both him and Jayden (he is cute like that-remember Mother’s Day?). I felt so special that whole day! I got a package in the mail from my mother, my friend and Relief Society President stopped by with a willow tree figurine, and Ben surprised me with more gifts-PEARLS(!) and Donkey Kong for the Wii, and then treated me to Olive Garden for dinner. Since sugar-free cake and ice cream are, well, for lack of a better word-disgusting, Ben was sweet and got me a banana creamie to celebrate with. He even put a candle in it. I love that boy so much! We ended up ditching the diet a bit more to bust out some sparkling grape juice to celebrate, but I am proud to say that my sugars only spiked a few times during the pregnancy. If you knew me, my cravings and the level of nausea I was experiencing, you would commend me for that. Ben also watched a chick flick with me that night and gave me a foot rub. Needless to say the day I turned 24, turned out pretty great! :)
summer-14-2011
summer-16-2011
That extra gum that my Mom got me was sugar-free strawberry shortcake and the card mentioned how she wanted me to have a cake I was allowed to have. It was pretty cute of her. The flip flops were amazing and I went shopping for some new shoes with the gift card. It was perfect!
summer-20-2011
summer-17-2011
summer-18-2011
summer-21-2011
summer-22-2011
I am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment