Saturday, June 22, 2013

Traditions and Fun with Grandma and Grandpa Durfee

For as long as I can remember, I have taken walks along the river and through nature with my Grandpa Durfee. I have treasured those memories ever since I was a little girl. My grandfather LOVES nature and has taught us to have his same passion, gratitude and respect for it. I rarely hear the word nature without thinking of my Grandpa Durfee. He is one of the sweetest people I know. With his beady browns eyes and sweet smile, he brings kindness wherever he goes. He is short in height, but large in stature. He completely embodies everything I think a Grandpa should be, and is one of my best friends. Ever since I can remember, he has called himself my #1 fan with my music and passions in life, and he has supported and loved me every step of the way with my adventures in life.
My grandmother is someone I have always been able to talk to through the good and the bad, which as you can imagine and especially in my case is a huge blessing in this journey of life. She has always made me feel special and valued, and that has really helped me through many of the hard times that life brings. She is always helping those around her. Whenever I think of charity, I think of my grandmother. I have enjoyed many activities and adventures with my Grandma from swimming, to sewing, to road trips to Vegas and many more, and they all carry with them very fond memories that I will treasure forever. She has been and is one of my very best friends.
I love my grandparents so much! We have had so much fun together. One of my favorite past times is double-dating with them. Ben and I still enjoy this tradition today. We actually just enjoyed a date with them and my brother, Ryan and his wife, Hilary last night. I am sure if you ask any of my past boyfriends and friends that have met them, you feel find out just how loved and admired these two really are by everyone. I owe so much to them-especially these last couple years. They have really made the difference Ben and I have needed in our lives. Helping us through the hard times, being Jayden’s favorite babysitters, and being our best cheerleaders throughout life. I am so very grateful for these two and the joy they bring into my life.
Another tradition I have enjoyed over the years, is that of sleepovers at their house. They absolutely spoiled us kids, and we always got to enjoy long talks and activities together. I as well as my siblings, always looked forward to staying with them. When I got married, I made sure that Ben understood that I had every intention of continuing this tradition. Ben and I have enjoyed many sleepovers at their house. This particular visit back in 2011, Ben was unable to stay due to his work schedule, but I enjoyed the company and activities to keep me busy while Ben was at work. Grandpa and I enjoyed one of the famous river walks I told you about. We kept talking about how it was Jayden’s first official walk with Grandpa, since I was pregnant with him, and how he was going to enjoy them. I can tell you now that he definitely does! It is so fun to see traditions I enjoy carried onto my own children. Grandma and I had a good time sewing pajamas, blankets and burp cloths for my little Jayden. It is the first time I have ever enjoyed sewing, so just know how loved you are, Jayden. We kept joking about it during the long hours of sewing. It was such an enjoyable and much needed visit!
sumgram-11
sumgram-12
sumgram-14
sumgram-15
sumgram-16
sumgram-17
sumgram-18
sumgram-19
sumgram-20
sumgram-21

sumgram-22
sumgram-23
sumgram-24
sumgram-25
After our nature walk, we went to I-Hop with Grandma for breakfast. Our server was the sweetest ever, and we had fun visiting with her since it was slower.
sumgram-2
After breakfast, it was time to get busy!
sumgram-3
sumgram-4
sumgram-5
sumgram-6
sumgram-7
sumgram-8
sumgram-1
Have I ever mentioned how many times a pregnant belly gets in the way? Because it does-a LOT!
sumgram-9
These few days carry some wonderful memories, and getting to finally see Jayden in these cute pajamas makes it all the better! I will also add that I loved having so many burp cloths. You just can’t ever have too many of those things with a newborn, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment