Monday, June 10, 2013

Pregnancy and All Day Sickness

Things got a bit better as far as things settling down and starting to look like they would work out with Ben and I and our little one on the way, everything that is, except the insane morning all day sickness. I want to punch whoever thought to call it morning sickness. It is an all day sickness, folks! I lost a whopping 28 pounds my first 2 months pregnant. It. was. CRAZY! I was miserable, and for the first time in my life-ever- hating food! I have never had a very weak stomach and always thought I would be fine while pregnant. Boy, was I ever wrong! The toilet got a lot of hugs those nine months, and we were pretty inseparable. Turns out being that sick and running around selling shoes all day does not really work too well either, so Ben encouraged me to quit at Nordstrom. With the battle I was already fighting just to get through the day, I did not really fight him on this one. With work and sells being slow with the economy anyway, it did not make sense to kill myself for what I was making, so I quit. Something I rarely do in life and always feel weird about doing, but I did it, and I am so glad I did! I am also very glad I had such a loving and supportive husband to help me through this pregnancy. He cooked and cleaned a ton, and this was after a 10 plus hour work day and going to school full-time. Can you say AMAZING?! He even started donating plasma to help make up the difference with my missing pay checks and he absolutely hates needles. His first times going were rough, and left him very bruised as you will see in one of the pictures below. He was a trooper throughout this pregnancy. It was a hard one! The stressful timing, the rH factor, the insomnia, the horrible sickness, the mood swings that were made worse with my anxiety, finding out about Jayden’s cleft lip, the high blood pressure, being diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and then having complications with my episiotomy after delivery all made it quite overwhelming at times. We had bad news every single appointment, but one (when we found out our baby was a boy-it did feel so nice to leave the office smiling instead of crying for once), and the seemingly endless supply of bad news did not help the anxiety I already have with doctor’s offices. If you ask me, they are quite possibly the worst places on earth, next to a hospital, of course. I would never have made it without Ben. He was so sweet and understanding and even did my diabetes diet with me. I told him he did not have to, but he said if I could not have it, then he did not want it either. He never ceases to amaze me with what he is willing to do for me and our family. Even when it is hard. I am SO very, very blessed!!!

February did still contain some fun despite how sick I was, including girl’s days with my Mom, visiting family, getting haircuts, throwing my friend Camille a baby shower, and Valentine’s Day . One (and the only one) positive with the weight loss-I was at my dream weight! Turns out being pregnant is the best diet ever in my case. I could no wait to see my belly grow, but for the first 3 months, it just got smaller and smaller, ironically enough.

baby!

A photo of our cute, little jelly bean at 8 weeks along, me at 8 weeks pregnant, and a photo to prove I actually got ready for the day. Plus, the hideous bangs are gone-see? All grown out! Yay!!! Trust me, getting ready was a bit rare. As much as I hate to admit it, I practically lived in my comfy sweats for those nine months. One the bright side-at least it saved me money on maternity clothes, right?

new beginnings-40

new beginnings-41

When there actually was something I could eat (usually fruit, or dessert, or a combination of the two like with this banana split-you know that “oh-so-good-for-you-stuff”?), I made a pig of myself! This probably accounts for the gestational diabetes. I really tried to be healthy, but it was hard! Got even harder with my diabetes diet. Want some cottage cheese to balance out the sugar from that apple? Not when you are nauseas-YUCK!  At least I have learned a lot since last time, so hopefully next time will be better. Now to just talk myself into doing all this again…good thing these precious babies are SO worth it!

new beginnings-42

new beginnings-44

The boys cool pets and toys they were excited to show us.

new beginnings-45

new beginnings-46

Ben and I drove down to Provo and went out on a double-date with Ben and Camille the night before her shower (I stayed the night, Ben went home to work and came back to pick me up the next day). We tried Olive Garden first, but after about 3 minutes of waiting for a table my nose and pregnancy symptoms were telling me it was not going to work out (this was the night I officially threw Olive Garden out the window for the duration of my pregnancy), and we ended up going to Chili’s instead. I am happy to say Chili’s was a WIN! I even kept it down! Camille’s shower turned out pretty good…I think. I am not the best candidate when it comes to organizing girly events. Having mostly guy friends, I am much better at grilling burgers and busting out the chips and root beer, but I tried. It was a chocolate brown and mint green themed shower (which were the colors Camille picked for her little Mattix’s cute nursery who would be arriving in the next month or so), can I tell you how hard it is to find mint green balloons? I spent the entire next morning baking (which was a bit difficult with my nausea, but I made it!) a bunch of yummy sweets and goodies for the shower and then made my way over to her Mom’s house to start decorating. The best news-I survived, but I don’t know that anyone will want me in charge of such a thing anytime soon…

new beginnings-47

Trust me those balloons are mint green, not blue like they appear. It took me 5 stores and 3 hours to find them. I may not be good with girly events, but I do know my colors!

new beginnings-48

I lucked out and found a lime drink that looked mint green! It was nothing short of a small victory in the world of Danae.

new beginnings-49

new beginnings-50

Ben’s poor arm after his first time donating plasma. I felt so bad for him! And a little picture of Ben being a little bit of the Ben I know and love so much! He really knew how to get me to smile even when I was sick and miserable.

new beginnings-51

Our little Valentine’s day celebration. Ben got me these gorgeous flowers ( I absolutely LOVED watching them bloom) and we then we went to Red Lobster. I had been craving it for the first time in my entire life. Ben was a trooper and let me pick where and what we ate during my pregnancy. He even made those three in the morning runs to get whatever I was craving. Like I said-so SO blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment