Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Ahlstrom Christmas Party on December 23rd!

The traditional Ahlstrom Family Christmas Party is held on the 23rd of December each and every year. This is such a fun party and the second BIG Ahlstrom party of the year next to the 4th of July Campout. We have a baked potato bar for dinner and then bust out the toffee, Grandma’s famous chocolates, caramel corn, cookies and other sweets to enjoy throughout the rest of the party. Everyone’s favorite part? The present opening! We all love to visit, laugh, catch up and tell stories while enjoying the festivities of the celebration! Occasionally, we even have a talent show! No matter what goes on each year, it is always so much fun!
christmas2010-1
christmas2010-2
christmas2010-3
christmas2010-4
christmas2010-6
christmas2010-5
christmas2010-8
I wish I would have gotten a better picture of my Grandmother’s gift. My Grandfather passed away on my Mom’s birthday January of 2007 and my Grandmother was gifted a beautiful painting of the two of them that brought everyone to tears.
christmas2010-7

christmas-20
christmas-21
christmas-22
My mom surprised us with a few more gifts from her and Dad to Ben and I, to open on the way home and I did not waste anytime. They were open before Ben even put the car into drive. We got some pots and pans and a yummy goodie basket. Did I mention we also got a plate of my Grandmother’s famous chocolates to take home? Those may not have last as long as Ben and I had hope…most did not even make it home. On the way back to Murray, we stopped at my Grandma and Grandpa Durfee’s to give them the goodie basket I had made for them and to wish them a Merry Christmas!
christmas-23
It was a good night and again-SO nice to be back and able to embark on all the family traditions once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment