Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Our Fabulous Moab Vacation: Day Three

We are officially to our last day, and last post of our trip to Moab last September. It was a good day, and we managed to enjoy a few more hikes, some lunch at good ole’ Wendy’s (a family favorite where fast food is concerned), and a few more beautiful stops before making the long and late drive back home. My favorite stop was Dead Horse Point. The rest of our group decided to drive straight home, but let me tell you I am so glad we made the detour, because this was my favorite spot of any we had seen on this trip. It was breath taking! Casey came along since he was riding with us and we had a blast like we always do with him along for the fun. We also luckily brought the Benadryl with us, because Jayden had one of his reactions to something he must have eaten, or a plant in the area and flared up with hives and his face began swelling up  like crazy, right as we were pulling in to Dead Horse Point. All was well and ended okay thanks to being prepared-thank goodness! We were also fortunate to get to enjoy the best of sunsets on our drive home! It was such a WONDERFUL trip! It was like seeing it all for the first time (considering my first and only time in Moab prior to this, was when I was just a baby), and was so fun to get to experience something new with my little and not-so-little family. :)
moabfv12-1
moabfv12-2
moabfv12-3
YAY for fabulous vacations!!!
moabfv12-4
Casey and I ready for yet another hike, while Ben changed Jayden’s diaper. What a great guy Jayden and I are blessed to call our husband and daddy!
moabfv12-5
moabfv12-6
moabfv12-7
We passed these beautiful flowers and my brother Casey picked one and put it in my hair. Aw.
moabfv12-8
This hike was my favorite! Probably because it came with beautiful shade trees, and a river the path crossed over multiple times which provided many water fun opportunities. I just love those!
moabfv12-9
moabfv12-10
moabfv12-11
moabfv12-12
moabfv12-13
moabfv12-14
moabfv12-16
moabfv12-17
moabfv12-18
Can you tell these cute kiddos had a blast?
moabfv12-19
moabfv12-20
moabfv12-21
It was at this point in time, that we had found a fun and deep swimming spot in the river, and decided to take a dip! As you can tell from the pictures below, just getting my feet wet simply was not enough for me…
moabfv12-22
moabfv12-23
moabfv12-24
Sometimes I just can’t help myself, and the child within takes over.
moabfv12-26moabfv12-28
moabfv12-27
moabfv12-29
When we go to Wendy’s, I love to get a baked potato with chili to top it off, and I make a yummy crispy chicken salad with the garden salad and some chicken nuggets. That is a value menu buffet right there!
moabfv12-30
Dead Horse Point. Isn’t it beautiful?! Put these three pictures together, and this is pretty close to what it looks like all together.
moabfv12-31
moabfv12-32
Just don’t look down…it was overwhelming how steep the cliffs were, especially those terribly afraid of heights, such as myself. I am afraid, but intrigued every time it comes to heights.
moabfv12-33
moabfv12-34
My Mom did not find these pictures of Casey very funny…
moabfv12-35
moabfv12-39
moabfv12-36
Can you say gorgeous?!
moabfv12-38
moabfv12-40
Then it was the long drive home with this amazing sunset to enjoy along the way.
moabfv12-41

No comments:

Post a Comment