Thursday, August 22, 2013

R.I.P. Hedgie the Hedge Hog

It was early morning one day back in September of last year, and I was downstairs getting breakfast for Jayden and myself, when I heard the most chilling wailing Caleb has ever let out since we have had him. Concerned, I grabbed Jayden and rushed upstairs, to find Caleb in his most distraught state ever, with a look that would make even and dog haters heart sad with empathy. As he continued to wail, I looked down to where his sad, big brown eyes were looking, and saw the stuffed hedge hog we had gotten him when we first bought him in pieces at his feet. My heart sank as I watched him mourn the loss of his dear friend. After all, he was just playing…he did not mean to destroy the poor thing. He looked at me as though he was waiting for me to fix it and all I could not help but feel bad and worthless, as I gathered the many, many pieces and throw them away. Trying to feel a bit more useful, I cuddled him for the rest of the day. He was still and solemn, and this was so unlike our sweet, crazy, and very energetic puppy. I had Ben get a new one on his way home from work, and happiness was once again restored in Calebland.
september12-13
may2012-33
He loved his friend so very much! Rest in peace, Hedgie!

No comments:

Post a Comment