Saturday, March 23, 2013

Down Time With My Lovie

A few of our favorite past times in Denver included those few times when Ben was not super busy, and I could meet him for lunch and to hang out for a bit. Those times were very rare-four times to be exact the entire summer, but I was so grateful for any time I got with him. Sometimes I would make our lunch, pack it and bring it with me. Other times, we would splurge a bit for something out as a treat, but no matter what we ate, the time together was always perfect!
dt 15
#1-Meeting Ben with a packed lunch for a little picnic. We ended up eating it in the car because it was hot, and Ben had to work in it all day long, and the car had air conditioning, and I love him, you know.
dt 1
dt 2
dt 3
dt 5
dt 6
#2- was probably my FAVORITE because we got the most time together (if you can’t tell with all of our silly pictures we took). Ben was way down south in Castle Rock, and I snuck down there to spend some time with him since 3 of his services had cancelled and he had 3 hours to just sit and wait for something else to pop on. Much to our surprise and happiness, it never did. It made me so grateful! We got about 3 hours to hang out, talk and as you can see from the pictures-goof off! It was perfect! This adventure took place while Cami was staying with us, but worked out beautifully since she was away spending a couple days with our cousins. We had a lot of fun that day.
dt 20
#3-was definitely my least favorite, because our time got cut short because of an extra spot being added to Ben’s route and me getting lost and having a hard time finding where I was supposed to meet Ben. It was a “hi-goodbye” situation if you can’t tell by the lack of pictures with Ben in them and my very bummed out self as I was left alone in the rain after driving an hour to spend time with him. Bleh.
dt 14
#4-Meeting Ben way up in North Colorado in no-man’s land at a McDonald’s (because it was pretty much the only thing around) for lunch mid-summer. I had to say his name a couple times to get him to finally smile and look at the camera. It had been a long day for him with some customers who were a bit less than fun and I decided to meet him and try to cheer him up.
dt 21
Ben also came home to me having a little down time of my own, when I had fallen asleep on the couch while reading or watching t.v. It did not happen very often, but when it did, Ben was always very understanding of dinner not being on the table when he got home and even made dinner before waking me (isn’t he amazing?), but not before taking these somewhat embarrassing shots. Caught in the act of being a slacker wife! Sometimes you just have those days in life though, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment