Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's the little things that mean the most

Especially when it comes to our children and the sweet, tender things they say and do. It truly is the little things that end up being the big things in life. I have felt overwhelmed with this little blessing of mine today and just had to write this post to express myself. I am spending a lot of time reminiscing in the past (which has been fun), but wanted to take a minute to write about some of my present feelings. I am SO blessed with so many of those wonderful little big things in my life, but the biggest “little” thing that means the most in my life would have to be this sweet little boy whole stole my heart. He calls me Mom.
jayden newborn
He was born so perfect, so precious, so special and I feel so blessed to know him and to get to help him through his earthly journey. When it comes to children-I won the lottery, folks! There are so many amazing blessings he has contributed to my life that have made it so grand,  so wonderful, so glorious! I owe so much of my happiness to him and to a loving Father in Heaven who entrusted such a sweet gift to me.
j-rings
LOVE those little toes, fingers, lips, eyelashes, ears and feet
smiley 2
LOVE his adorable smile (6 months, 9 months and 1 year old)
goofy faces
LOVE all of these cute and silly faces. My favorite is on the right, one that has come to be known as the famous “cheezer smile”.
playfulness
LOVE his loving nature and playfulness! He brings so much fun into my life!J-April
Most of all I LOVE the love he has for the Savior. This picture was taken while he was looking at a picture of Christ I have on display in our home. He teaches me so  much about the love of the Savior-charity, in its purest form.
I LOVE my son!!! He gives the sweetest hugs and kisses (especially when he runs up behind me and hugs my legs while saying "awe"), has the cutest giggle, likes to be silly and tease and squeal and has the cutest cheesy grin I have ever seen, helps me feel better when I am having a rough day, he even helps me pick up his toys, exclaims "wow!" whenever he is excited about something, dances on demand... while chanting "dance! dance!", he folds his arms for prayers, gets excited when ever he sees a picture of Christ and exclaims "Jesus!", plays so cute with his "doggie" and other children, but most of all...he is the sweetest, purest, most special spirit I have ever known and I am so blessed to have such an incredible child call me "Mom". I am SO blessed!!! It is the little toes, smiles, giggles, words, mannerisms and testimony that make up one of the BIGGEST blessings of my life! I love you with all my heart, Jayden Benjamin Ostler!
Mom and Jayden
I love you always and forever, my sweet angel. Always and FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment