Monday, March 25, 2013

The First Farewell

goodbyed1
I say “first” farewell because we said “goodbye” not knowing that we would be back within that very same month. Life has a way of surprising you and let’s just say it has thrown us more than a couple big curve balls in the almost 5 years we have been married. We hugged and cried and said goodbye assuming it would be a long time until we would all see one another again, and then said hello just weeks after said goodbye. Life can be funny at times-especially ours-and sometimes I can’t help but feel like our life is a complete joke, but it is ours and that is enough for me (most days). Times like these always lead me to one of my favorite quotes-“We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.”
goodbyed2
 
goodbyed3
 
goodbyed4
 
goodbyed5
 
goodbyed6
 
goodbyed7
 
goodbyed8
Mid-packing one day, Ben decided a little break and dinner out was in order, so I got dolled up and we headed out for some grub and to relax for a bit. SO nice and SO needed! I tell ya-packing can really take it out of you! As proof, check out the last picture in this post of how Ben found me upon coming home, and telling me that a dinner out on the town was DEFINITELY a must before any more cleaning/packing got done. It was seven at night and I had yet to eat that day. I do that sometimes. When I get into my “project mode” as Ben calls it, let me tell you-there is not stopping me-except when Ben begs and there is a date and food involved. Little did I know how much packing and unpacking I would have to do in the following 6 months as we moved from place to place to place. Buckle your seat belts, folks, because this is about the time our life got super crazy and it has yet to calm down!
goodbyed9
 
goodbyed10
Little did I know what I was in for and with how tired I was that day and I am glad! One thing is for sure…I could can NEVER complain about my life being boring. Although sometimes I think a little mundane boredom would be a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment