Friday, March 8, 2013

Married Life Rocks-Especially With a Hubby Like Mine!

My husband is incredible and always has a something up his sleeve to surprise me with and brighten my day. January of 2009 I got really sick for a week-not fun, but my amazing guy surprised me by bringing me these flowers to me when he got home from work one day and proceeded to make me soup to enjoy on the couch while we watched a chick flick together, complete with one of his famous foot rubs! It was so incredibly romantic and sweet. Turns out being sick when you are married is kind of nice-the getting taken care of and pampered part anyway.
sick flowers
How sweet is he?! If you know me…you know I LOVE wild flower arrangements!
A couple weeks later, I had a not so fun day at work and Ben knew just the thing to get me back to happy Danae land once again. Back when I was attending Snow College, we had this tradition we called the “Denny Run”. When the stress of college life built to be too much or when we just felt like some extra fun, we would all pack into the car and drive the hour to Salina to hit up the Denny’s in the middle of the night. Blasting the speakers with the best music, an hour drive away from it all, giggling, visiting, enjoying some yummy food at midnight and getting back in the wee hours of the morning was a tradition that holds fond memories for me. Ben, knowing this, whisked me away one night for a “Denny’s Run”. It was perfect! In fact, I think I like them with him even better! We only got a 20 minute get away to Ogden, but we did blast the best music and giggle and talk and enjoy yummy food and got home in the wee hours of the morning and it was all so much fun!
Denny's Run
Me and my new Denny’s Run pal and the best I have ever had-trust me, I had really AMAZING roomies, so that is saying something!
happy


He makes me OH SO HAPPY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I got behind on reading your blog. I'm such a slacker, but I love reading about all your memories. They are great. It's making me reminisce a little bit, too. :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are good! I did not post for about a week because of a ton of tests, projects, and assignments for mid-term, so I am trying to make up for it with multiple posts a day, so trust me-you are not the only slacker...especially considering I am still 4 years behind. I think I may take the cake on that one. ;)Thanks! It is pretty fun reminiscing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete