Thursday, March 21, 2013

Turning 22!

Since I had already found my main present, Ben got creative with surprises (like he always does) and when I opened my present, I found a candy bar and some jewelry…but my Audrey Hepburn DVD collection was no where to be found. I looked at Ben, suspiciously questioning him with my eyes as to what he had done with them. He got that boyish grin I love so much and sweetly informed me that he had hid them around the apartment and I would have to find them. I excitedly started turning over couch cushions over and looking behind furniture. To appeal to my competitive side, he informed me he was also timing me as I cruised around looking for my treasured birthday gifts. I found them in all of about 13 minutes, and he definitely hid them well! Gotta love my lucky 13!
22 birthday 3
Being the amazing husband Ben is, he cooked me dinner-steak, potatoes and corn on the cob-one of my all-time favorites! It was so yummy! We ended the night with ice cream cake-my absolute favorite! This year it was a delicious turtle themed one and let me tell you-it was a hit! After dinner Ben even cleaned up while I took a relaxing bubble bath in our large garden tub (I really miss that tub).
P.S.-We also bought a new car!!! I always tease Ben that because we bought it on my birthday week (yes, they are a full week at our house), it is my car. Lucky for him, I do share. I plan on giving that purchase a post of its own. Talk about a BIG and wonderful birthday week!
22 birthday 1
22 birthday 2
Can you say yum? Now I want chocolate and ice cream!
22 birthday
It was the perfect birthdayweek!

No comments:

Post a Comment