Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Best Friend’s Wedding

No, I did not go to the wedding because of my love for the groom and my desire to break the couple up like Julia Roberts in one of my all-time favorite movies. This was a different story. This was my best friend, Camille’s wedding and I could not have been happier for her and “her Ben”. We headed down the night before for her reception at the groom’s parent’s house. It was a beautiful event. A lovely setting under a huge tent with beautifully themed décor. The food was decadent-fruit, bread and spinach deep, eclairs and refreshing beverages. A gorgeous sunset served as the backdrop, setting the perfect romantic tone for such an event. I only wish I had pictures, but Ben and I were too busy putting the wedding DVD together and looking for the lost garter. You see, being dutiful best friends takes priority to everything else. All in all it was a beautiful evening.
After the reception the groom went to on to enjoy his LDS themed bachelor party and I went with Camille to her (soon to be hers and her hubby’s) apartment to wind down and get plenty of beauty sleep for the next day. She let Ben and I have her bed and took the couch-what a good friend to give up her bed the night before her wedding, despite mine and Ben’s hesitation to take advantage of her offer, she insisted. We woke up nice and early the next day and headed to the Manti Temple for the ceremony. Ben and I enjoyed the drive and I may have had just a little bit excited to drive him through the small college town and area I enjoyed living in during my time at Snow College. We even stopped by the College on our way back and I gave him s very quick and picture-less tour. It was fun letting him see an area where so many of my good memories were made. He even got to meet a few, including Kathleen Hansen-he director of the Ascension Show Choir.
Camille and Ben's Wedding
Now back to the main event-the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and I just love the Manti Temple! It is so beautiful! It was a beautiful day for a wedding, but very cold with a very chilly wind! Seeing skinny, little Camille in nothing but her thin wedding gown made me shiver. Her dress was gorgeous! It also fit her perfectly-just suited her, you know? Ben and I may or may not have had a little bit too much fun taking pictures during their wedding photo session…we had a fun shoot of our own.
Camille and Ben's wedding 1
Camille and Ben's wedding 2
Camille and Ben's wedding 3
Camille and Ben's wedding 4
Camille and Ben's wedding 5
ben and camille's wedding 1
ben and camille's wedding
A beautiful day for an absolutely beautiful couple-We love these two so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment