Friday, March 15, 2013

Summer Lovin’

Although Ben and I did not get very much time together, we made the very most of the time we did have. We made sure to go on a date at least once…sometimes more every week. The moments I spent with Ben during our Summer in Westminster back in 2009, were my favorite. I think it is safe to say he agrees…at least he had better! We went out to dinner, went to the movies, hunkered down at our apartment with a movie and snacks and very often hit up the pool and gym. I loved it so much that even after spending a whole day there, I still went back with Ben once he got off of work as well. We went a lot less often with his long hours as a sales rep, but he got off earlier when he switched to a technician, so evenings spent at the gym and pool became much more frequent. This post will cover our usual dates. The more unique adventures are reserved for their own posts later on.

This is probably a good point to cover our working experience that summer as well. Ben and I both started out a sales reps, but soon found it was not really for us. You see, a girl walking around all day, by herself, near scary roads like Colfax Avenue, made for some nerve-wracking experiences with some very scary individuals, and after two incidents my first week, Ben insisted that I not sell door-to-door anymore. Ben continued to sell for about a month before deciding that he would rather be a technician. He made a great technician and it was nice to finally settle into a comfortable and better place in Colorado. I personally like that he got home a lot sooner-a LOT!

denver hot date

The fun night we spent at Fat Cats having fun in the arcade and ending the night with a romantic and delicious dinner.

sl 2

A fun day at the pool cooling off and having fun!

sl 3

Heading to the Movies! They had some nice theaters in Colorado, but they were a bit more pricey than we were used to back in our quaint hometown of Perry, so going to the movies was a special treat and reserved for those movies that are a “theater must” on our list!

sl 5

Dinner Date to Old Chicago. We were much bigger fans of the company (each other) than the food.

sl 6

My favorite dating tradition was, and is to this day, when Ben surprises me with a candlelight dinner at home after he had cooked me dinner! This particular night, he made me one of my favorites-chicken crescent rolls (I LOVE food, so I have many favorites). He even cleans up afterwards. He is pretty much the BEST husband ever!

sl 7

sl 8

sl 9

One of the many summer nights spent enjoying the pool which we frequently had all to ourselves. It was so nice, especially after missing Ben all day long.

sl 10

We also enjoyed hitting up the gym, even if I do only have pictures of Ben taking the trash to the dumpsters on our way and me totally pooped after a good workout. The gym was nice. We miss free and cool amenities like the gym and pool we had in Westminster.

sl 11

Getting ready for yet another night on the town with this fun up-do. I love experimenting with my hair! Getting all dolled up for my man is fun too.

sl 12

We also spent many a night cuddled up in bed enjoying a good movie…that is until our sweet tooth got the better of us and we eventually made what became known as a “sweet run” to the local King Soopers. I think we enjoyed goofing off while we shopped even more than the chocolate donuts we finally settled on and that is saying something!

sl 13

sl 14

sl 15

YUM!

sl 16

Caving in to yet another craving on yet another date-fast food!

sl17

One very rainy night the sky would light up with the most gorgeous lighting, and we decided to go for a drive to enjoy the show. We ended up hitting up the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Shop and grabbing a few snacks for the glorious show nature was putting on that evening. The storms in Colorado were pretty intense. The streets would be flooded in a matter of minutes and we even had a couple tornados. One actually hit the golf course right across the street from our complex. It was pretty crazy at times. We did not mind hunkering down to a cup of hot cocoa, cuddled in a blanket, listening to the storms, except for when it would continue for an entire week and we really wanted to hit the pool.

sl 18

sl 19

Sunday always consisted of going to church and relaxing Sunday drives, while we would talk and discuss our goals and dreams, and try to make sense of the many complexities of life.

sl 20

After a week of bad storms, we were pretty excited to finally get to go swimming together again! This was our last time before moving, and for a little while, we were not sure we would get the chance to go just one last time. We were so glad that we did in fact get that chance we had been waiting for.

sl 21

sl 22

sl 23 

I still just love Ben’s face in the top left photo as he moved straight from the hot tub to the much cooler pool. Too funny! Also, let me introduce you to “Mr. Skippie” the pink toy we loved to play games with in the pool. It would entertain us for hours…as I have mentioned before sometimes I don’t think we will ever grow up, or want to for that matter.

sl 24

sl 25

Bowling with Ben’s co-worker Mike and his family. They were about an hour late so we played around until they got there.

We had so much fun during that summer of love, and I am so excited to post about some of our other adventures-soon! Again, I canNOT wait to be all caught up with this blog and posting in real time again, I just had to cheat and lump a few experiences together. Anything to get it all in, but still get done that much faster! This was a total picture post, but I figure I have earned it. At least I actually finally have pictures of our adventures. Needless to say, Colorado was when my picture-taking obsession began, so ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment