Monday, March 11, 2013

Our Day of Love in 2009

vd09    
Valentine’s Day 2009 was so much fun and filled with romance! Ben surprised me with a “date day” after my Saturday morning play practice the weekend of Valentines Day week. Oh, you did not know it was a full week event? Because it is! At least it is with us. Love notes, romantic candle-lit dinners at home, romantic movies while cuddled up on the couch and one big memorable “date day” fill that entire week at our house! I got home, got dressed in my Valentine themed outfit and we headed out the door ready for some romantic!
vd091
     We started the date off right by hitting up our favorite Chinese Restaurant in little ole’ Brigham City, then headed for the bit larger city of Logan for some shopping and ice skating. Ben was super sweet and was working extra hours at work so he could save up some money so I could re-vamp my wardrobe. We had fun! Did I mention Ben is almost more of a shopper than me? In his defense, I do not care for long trips ( I am an in and out kind of girl). I was able to get so much stuff, much thanks to my thoughtful and hard-working hubby.
     I was so excited about the thermal shirt with the warm vest-which would be perfect for our ice skating adventure-I decided to put it on in the car. That made for one hilarious memory! You see, along with the whole in- and-out thing, I do not usually take the time to try things on. It always works out just fine….except for this time. There I am in the parking lot struggling to get my new thermal shirt on because it is much too tight, and laughing so hard alongside Ben we were practically crying (don’t worry Ben did park out and away from everything, but it was still really awkward and just as funny!). I did eventually get it on after a long struggle. It fit, if you are okay with your chest being squished like a pancakes, but I prefer a shirt that is more a shirt than a corset so we made our way back into the store to make a much needed exchange. In my defense, birth control has a way of changing your once familiar body and that trip ended the reign of the queen of shopping, who did not even need to try things on. Between pregnancy and having a baby and everything else now, I ALWAYS try stuff on. Lesson learned.
vd092
vd094
When I was finally fitted in the appropriate sized shirt, which I also did not try on and put on in the car again (can’t learn every lesson, I guess), we were off to the ice skating rink. The one made famous by our dates in High School. We had so much fun racing, holding hands and taking our time, giggling, playing and even falling down a few times. I sure love that boy and how much fun we have together! It was the perfect Valentine’s Day!



vd097

No comments:

Post a Comment