Monday, March 25, 2013

Moving Back to Utah…for a little while anyway

So, it was really more of a visit than a move, since we never really got settled before packing up the car, once again, and moving back. Driving back our thoughts and conversations were filled with much unknown, worry, stress and excitement. We did not know where we would live or work or well…anything really other than that we would face it together. I promised myself we would never be in that place again, but well, I have said it before, and will probably say it again-life has a way of surprising you. The one thing I have learned about life can be summed up into three words-it goes on. Sometimes, I feel like life has an alarm that goes off any time Danae gets too comfortable, but then I remember how much I hate being bored and adventure-less and then I think that is probably to blame.
 
I am so glad I have a sweet and understanding husband to help me through it all in the end, even though the stress of it all gets the best of our relationship at time. We get through it. Together. At the end of the day, that is all that really matters. Some may think that Ben and I should have been a bit more established before getting married, but I say why go it alone when you have found the one that can make the journey all the more meaningful by joining you? I do not regret getting married when we did, even though I never thought I would marry before 26 and that was if I got married at all. Marrying is one curve ball in life, I am entirely grateful for. It has made all the other curve balls bearable. For any of you dealing with a lot of stress and unknown and wondering if you will ever make it? You will, so enjoy the journey! Easier said than done, I know, but there is really nothing to be afraid of. It is just life, and it is what you make it.
driving back
driving back 2
goofing off while Ben tried to look for a short cut he had driven years ago. We stuck to the regular route on the main roads-probably for the best. Remember our adventure trying to get to Lava for my 21st Birthday?
driving back 1
driving back 3
We stopped by Rock Springs, WY to visit my good friend Kyle who was attending school there. We had fun playing around campus, stretching our legs and treating Kyle-and ourselves for that matter- to dominos.
driving back 4
driving back 6

“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment