Saturday, March 16, 2013

Girly Stuff

hbefore
Being away from my usual hairdresser back in Utah-my mom-I had to find a new one for my summer in Colorado. Lucky for me, I had my girlies! A gal in our ward worked at a salon in Boulder, so I made the drive up there and she gave me this cute cut for a very good discount. I was very appreciative to have found her and to be given such an amazing deal to go with my new amazing cut! It was refreshing to have a change, but I was hungry for even more and so were some of the other wives, so we made a day of coloring our hair.
We drove to our local Sally’s Beauty Supply to pick out our colors and then all went back to Alyssa’s to apply it. I got a deep red base color and a blonde highlighting kit, Julie got a blonde coloring kit and Alyssa got a red color kit. I colored Alyssa’s and Alyssa did mine and Julie’s. Let me tell you, that apartment was rank with those oh-so-lovely chemical smells. I am not so sure her hubby was a huge fan of that fact upon arriving home that night, but Alyssa looked fabulous with her new color and I am sure that helped ease the pain. Alyssa and I LOVED our new colors, even if I did have to give mine a second go,but Julie’s turned out a bit more orange than blonde and she ended up just coloring it back brown.
hair 1
Before, coloring my hair burgundy, and then highlighting it.
hair 3
Letting the highlights set in and the finished project!
hafter
I LOVED my hair! Alyssa did such an incredible job! It would have cost me about $100 to have all that done in a salon and honestly, it could not have turned out any better. It was a great day full of girly pampering, visiting, giggling, and fun!

2 comments:

  1. What fun posts! I love them, and I just have to say that, um, Danae, your body is just fine. That bathing suite picture by the pool? Hot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! That makes me feel SO good! I was definitely not one of the skinniest girls there that summer, but I guess with my eating habits, I really can't complain. Those girls had some discipline I don't know I will ever have! They were AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete