Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Welcomed Home by Family

fam reunion
It was so good to spend some time home with family after months of being away. I felt like I missed so much! My sister Lindsay’s baptism, the traditional Easter Egg Hunt, Casey’s High School Graduation, the 4th of July campout at my Grandparents house, My family’s trip to California to go to Disneyland and to a cabin on the beach, 4 of my 10 siblings and my Dad’s birthday, time with my family’s foreign exchange student Honami (a returning guest-we just LOVE her!), and so very much more!
 
My mom hosted a “welcome home” dinner party in our honor, and even my Grandma came to welcome us home. It was fun to eat and play and talk and visit and swap stories about the past months apart. I love my family so much! They are BIG and crazy, but they are mine and are wonderful and I love them for that. We played on the tramp, ate dinner, read stories, read scriptures, and played late into the night before sleeping over. Ben beat us all to bed. He usually does. We Ahlstrom’s tend to stay up late playing with the exception of my Dad and Andrea. They are a lot smarter than the rest of us.
fam reunion 1
fam reunion 2
fam reunion 3
fam reunion 4
fam reunion 5
I think Derek got a bit tired of me taking pictures…
fam reunion 6
Too bad the welcome home party could have doubled as a going away party, but on the plus side, we did travel to Utah to visit A LOT more our second time around living in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment