Thursday, March 7, 2013

First Holidays as Husband and Wife

Our first Halloween as a married couple was a lot of fun! I played hostess at OUR house and we got all dressed up in costumes and had our married friends Spencer and Tori Hanks and Jeff and Krystal Hortin over for big party! I served Halloween Haystacks (Hawaiian Haystacks) with some yummy ingredients-greasy witch’s hair (cheese), glazed bat ears (pineapple), frog eyes (olives), maggots (rice), zombie sauce (cream of chicken soup gravy) and chopped lizard’s tail (celery). It was such a fun night full of delicious food, games, laughing and visiting. We did not get any pictures although we did take a lot of videos with our new camcorder. It was so nice to live so close to one another, for a little while anyway before we moved away to Colorado and Jeff and Krystal moved to Alaska. Luckily, we are all back in Northern Utah now.
I am sure Thanksgiving was a blast, because we had too much fun to even take any pictures. Boy were we good at being too busy for pictures that first year. Right after the annual tradition of Thanksgiving Dinner at my Aunt’s house (she hosts both sides of her family-AMAZING, I tell ya), we headed home and set up our humble, “dollar tree” and Christmas decorations. We used a Target gift card we got for our wedding for the tree, but the rest of the decorations were from dollar tree-and you know what?  I could not be more proud! They were perfect! We did actually manage to sneak in a few pictures as we decorated in between all the fun we were having.
decorating-Our First Christmas 
Decorating for our first Christmas

We were so excited for Santa to come! We got a video of  our first Christmas morning, but it is a bit lengthy so I will spare you all, but let me tell you-Ben spoiled me! Tripling the budget we had set up for one another leaving me feeling pretty lame-stinker! I got 2 sets of pearl earrings, a foot spa, the fast and the furious collection, clothes, makeup and chocolate. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised with just how good Santa thought I was.
Christmas 2008
My biggest claim to fame that Christmas? This HUGE one size fits all rob that Ben and I both fit in.
Christmas 2008 2
That night we went to Ben’s parent’s for some Christmas Day celebrating. It was snowing like crazy and it took a while to get there, but we did not mind. We were glad to have a white Christmas. We went to my parents the night before to celebrate Christmas Eve and….you guessed it! No pictures. We had fun with Ben’s brothers and parents with dinner, games and more presents. Ben’s parents live way up on the mountain in Honeyville and there were about 60 deer roaming around their house so we had fun watching those prance about as well.
PC260030
It was a successful first Christmas as the Ostlers!

No comments:

Post a Comment