Sunday, March 17, 2013

Our First Anniversary!

    We decided to book a hotel and spend the weekend in the city. I had been planning and looking forward to it for a while and was really excited for our photo shoot and the surprise that Ben had for me. We exchanged gifts earlier that week, because we were just too excited to wait…we do that…a LOT! Ben got me a new I-pod touch and I gave him a really nice Guess leather watch. We were both very excited about our new items, almost as excited as we were to give them to one another.
 
    After Ben requesting a northern route for the day so he could pick me up and take me south for our anniversary weekend getaway, he was given a random southern stop for his last stop…grrr. This meant I had to drive down in a big downpour (I am talking lots of water! SO much, in fact, that it was coming in onto the floor of our newly-married, beater car, while I was on the on-ramp to the freeway) all by myself through rush hour, just to wait for him in the parking lot of the hotel for 2 hours because he was running behind. We also had to drive in separate vehicles the entire weekend-which was really not so fun-but the rest of it was AMAZING, so let’s just focus on that, shall we?
 
     We checked in to our room at the Hyatt and then went to the nearby I-hop for a late dinner. It was yummy-always is! We are big I-hop fans! After dinner, we ran to the local grocery store to pick up a few snacks, and then hunkered down and enjoyed them while watching movies. It was so nice just spending time together and relaxing and spending time together and watching t.v. and spending time together and eating lots of junk food and…you get the idea.
AD1
AD2
The amazing views from our room!
AD3
AD4
AD5
We had fun exploring in the hotel.
AD6
AD7
When the hotel got old, we drove to the Park Meadows Mall for some food and fun! We went to Cheesecake Factory for our first time and LOVED it! It is to this day one of our favorites.
AD10
AD11
We got back to the hotel just in time to enjoy these views.
AD13
After relaxing in bed and enjoying watching the storm outside, we decided to spend the evening enjoying the pool and hot tub.  I wore Ben’s sneakers to the pool because all I brought was heels and I did not want to wear them there. You should have been there to see me trying to keep them on while walking in them-good times! The pool was AMAZING, but very chlorinated. It smelt so strong, you could smell it all through the lobby on the way there. See my cute deep purple swim suit in the picture below? I got it for a steal at Victoria Secret and well, thanks to all that chlorine I walked out of the pool in a light lavender swimsuit. Bummer! The plus side-we got a night free and a complimentary breakfast, and with that $120 value in trade for a $20 swimsuit, I was able to be optimistic about it in the end. We just wanted to inform them about the chlorine, and said we did not need the free night, but they insisted…well if they insist, right?
AD12
We had so much fun goofing off together in the pool. We spent a good couple hours there.
AD14
Then we hit up the hot tub for a good little while, before heading back to the room for the night.
AD15
The complimentary breakfast to go with our free 2nd night was AMAZING!  Needless to say, we enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt and the customer service? Superb in our book!
AD16
I always hate checking out and knowing it is time to go home when on vacations, but this time I was too excited for Ben’s surprise for me and our photo shoot to really care. I only got more excited as we pulled into the parking lot…Melting Pot, folks! My hubby ROCKS! To top it all off, he even reserved us a secluded room to ourselves with a fireplace and the rose (pictured below) waiting for me. He just giggled and nodded when I excitedly asked “That’s for me?” followed by an even more excited “I get to keep it?” It was so romantic and so sweet and so PERFECT! From the bread and cheese, to the salad, to the main course of a delicious assortment of meat to my favorite-DESSERT!
AD17
AD18
AD19
It was all so perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment