Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Christmas 2011: Our First with Little One(s)

I am happy to say that our first Christmas with a little tike joining in for our fun, was a total hit! Ben and I got adventurous and broke tradition a bit by waiting until midnight and opening our presents then! It was SO fun! He did still make me get into bed while Santa came to deliver my gifts beneath the tree, but this time I never went to sleep before getting up and opening presents with my lovie. It was fun and we felt rebellious which only made it all the more fun! Ben got me a gorgeous clock and pearl bracelet from Farr’s jewelry, and of course the traditional i-tunes card. I got him a tie, his (and my) favorite cologne, a back massager, some workout equipment he had been wanting, and some work materials he needed (boring, I know), but I kept things fun and interesting with some Santa boxers for laughs, and trust me-I definitely got them! When we had finished opening our gifts and decided to just leave the mess of wrapping paper on the ground  to deal with in the morning (if you know me, leaving the house a mess and going to bed is also quite rebellious), but we both had a BLAST celebrating Christmas just the two of us that night, and could not wait to wake up and celebrate with our Jayden the following morning.
It was then that the real fun began! Our little Jayden had the BIGGEST excited little grin on his face and he just about killed Ben and I with his adorable cuteness. I think he could definitely sense our excitement and him getting so excited in response, only made Ben and I all the more excited. You could definitely say excitement flooded the Ostler home that Christmas morning and all throughout the day! We spent the rest of the day lounging in our pajamas, devouring Christmas goodies, and watching Christmas movies including Elf, Miracle on 34th Street and The Santa Clause. It was perfect!
christmas2011-1 
christmas2011-3
christmas2011-2
christmas2011-4
christmas2011-5
christmas2011-6
Jayden got the biggest smile when we got his presents out, and we even let him help open them, which thrilled him! The sounds of the paper ripping made him even more excited. He got pretty spoiled and he was loving every second of it (as were Mommy and Daddy)!
christmas2011-7
christmas2011-8
It was such a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment