Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Welcoming Elder Ahlstrom Home!

I can NOT even tell you how much I was looking forward to this day! I missed him so much! Casey and I have always been incredibly close and not having him there for those two years and our first baby, was one of the worst things ever! Although, I was super proud of him and all he was doing to serve the Lord and his children in Thailand.
The day we picked him up from the airport was such a happy one! Jayden and Casey got to meet for the first time, and I got to see Casey again after two years of not seeing him. I may or may not have completely lost it and cried, which everyone then preceded to tease me about. After picking him up, we went to Chuck-A-Rama for lunch. We were SO happy to have him home and a week later, we had a big get together for his homecoming. They were both some happy days!
june2012-7
june2012-8
june2012-6
 
My Mom decided to get Casey back for the practical joke he played on her at the airport when she and my Dad picked him up from basic training three years earlier. He embarrassed my Mom when she waved to him from a ways away and called out to him excitedly, by pretending not to know her and not to be him. She was so embarrassed, so she got him back by  pretending to be pregnant. She used a gallon size zip lock bag filled with air. Pretty convincing, eh?
june2012-10
june2012-12
june2012-11
june2012-9
The BIG gang all ready to greet Casey! We definitely get a lot of looks wherever we go. I remember growing up, when we would go out to Wendy’s to eat, my parents were often told how kind they were to bring all the neighbor kids along. When my Mom responded back by claiming all of us as her own, we definitely got some even crazier looks.
june2012-13
Then he came, and then I cried. Everyone was so thrilled to see him and have him home.
june2012-14
june2012-15
Jayden and Casey meeting for the first time, too bad Jayden was too preoccupied with other things to really pay any attention to him. I am happy to say they are the best of buddies now and Casey visits often. We all love it!
june2012-16
Mom telling Casey she was “pregnant”, and Casey’s epic dumb-founded “are you serious?” look. Ha ha!
june2012-17
And the laughter as soon as he realized he had been fooled and payback had been served!
june2012-18
Getting some yummies at Chuck-A-Rama!
june2012-19
Casey and some of my family stopped by on the way home so he could meet Caleb and see our new house! I was SO happy to have my Casey back!
june2012-24
We had a good time at Casey’s Homecoming. Jayden had a blast playing with everyone, and being the center of attention-as usual, and Ben and I even had our blood pressure taking by my cousin Ashley, to help her with a school project.
june2012-23
june2012-25
june2012-26
june2012-28
The Gospel is true! Yay for missionary work, and yay for Casey’s Homecoming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment