Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Moving in to Our First Place!

Moving was so crazy, since Ben was not able to take any time off of work, and I was on my own to pack up and move our entire house with a five month old. I was SO grateful when after calling my Mom in tears with the stress of it all, that my Dad and brothers came down to help and even brought a few of their teenage friends. I was so touched! My grandparents even took Jayden for a couple days while we made the big move (better for him and us), and my Mom and sister Cami came and helped me two-tone the house before we moved all of our stuff in. We started at 9:00 in the morning and she busted it out with me until 10:00 p.m. and then Ben and I finished. It took us until 3:00 in the morning, so instead of driving back to Salt Lake and with Ben working up north anyway, we drove to Wal-Mart and bought an air mattress and spent a very interesting first night in our new place.
The next day was moving day and although Ben had to work, our incredible new ward came over and helped me carry everything into the house along with my Dad and brothers. Ben’s family came later and helped me organize inside. I never would have made it without the help! Thanks to all of you that were there for us! I am a bit of an OCD freak when it comes to getting all settled, and within two days I had everything organized and decorated. This happened with many thanks to a lot of help from my mother and mother-in-law. After that move, I do not want to move again any time soon, but all of our waiting and hard work had paid off and we LOVE our place! We feel very blessed to be here.
moving in-1
moving in-2
moving in-3
moving in-4
moving in-6
moving in-11
moving in-12
moving in-9
moving in-15
moving in-14
moving in-8
moving in-13
moving in-16
moving in-17
moving in-20
moving in-18
moving in-21
moving in-19
moving in-29
moving in-22
moving in-24
 
moving in-25
moving in-26
moving in-27
moving in-28.
We stopped by my Grandparents daily to see Jayden. I think it is a safe bet that he had a good time there. He LOVES being at their house still to this day. When we take the exit to get to their house, he starts yelling “Grandpa! Grandma!” all excitedly! It is SO cute!
moving in-37
After getting all settled into our new place, all that was left was needing to go and clean our old apartment. We went a few days after our move. This worked out great since it was the weekend and we moved a week before our contract was up. I was glad we got to space it out a bit. Ben and I made a little date night out of it with dinner in Salt Lake first. We picked Jayden up on the way home and we were anxious and excited to settle into our new place, and enjoy some much needed time just the three of us!
moving in-30
moving in-31
moving in-35
moving in-34
Can you believe that in moving we would be saving $300 a month?! Crazy! Owning in definitely the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment