Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Homemaking Project: My Main Floor’s Teal Makeover!

I am super excited about the new look for my kitchen, living room and entry way. I was able to get a whole new look with just a 97 cent bottle of teal paint. It made it so fun and new and I love how the teal compliments the red and green I already had throughout my main floor, while taking it to a whole other level. I can’t wait for Ben to get home from work and see it! I only wish I had thought to take before and after pictures, but I got a little bit excited about letting my creative energy flow. I started out just wanting to paint a few things on the ledge above my cupboards, and well one thing led to another and I sort made all of the following items pictured below part of the makeover. I LOVE it! And talk about decorating on a dime!
new decor-6
The roof to the bird house used to be solid forest green, but I painted the top teal and left the bottom forest green. The “Pasta” painted on the glass container used to be forest green, so I painted over it with teal. Last, but not least on the ledge are my lanterns I got at Ikea. They used to be sponged a brick red, but I like the solid teal much better.
new decor-12
I added teal to the trim of this sign and I love how it makes it pop now!
new decor-8
I made these signs for a Relief Society Homemaking night back in mine and Ben’s first ward since being married. They used to be solid antiqued cream. I was nervous about adding the teal, but I think it they turned out great!
new decor-9
The frame holding this picture of Christ used to be all forest green, but I love the added teal. This picture of Ben and I was actually given to me by my sister Cami, and is from a lady in Ecuador who creates art by burning it into wood. How cool is that? Ben and I love it, and I must say, I really like the teal edge since it is too thick to frame.
new decor-7
I got these daisy wall hangings from Ross a few years back, and the background squares behind the flowers used to be a dark tan, but boy does the teal really make those flowers pop!
new decor-1
For these last two items, I found a before picture in some of my old pictures. Here is the before and after of our wedding picture and the wall hanging in our entry-way.
new decor-3
Sorry the first pic is a bit fuzzy (I cropped it out of a bigger picture), but I got this at Ross and it used to be all green and brown. Don’t you just love the touch of teal? And last, but most importantly, the rug that inspired it all! This rug runs down the hallway between my entry-way and great room. I have always loved these colors together and now this color scheme floods my entire main floor, and it only took 4 hours and 97 cents! Not bad for a fun, little homemaking project.
new decor-10

No comments:

Post a Comment